Isany fun with Little Ones? After all, some of the best rides have height requirements. So is it worth the trip? Here are a list of rides and attractions appropriate for the Preschool set and under.
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Adventure: An outdoor play area designed around the Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie is perfect for all ages! However, its sized for “shorties” so the slides and climbing nets are perfect for those 6 and under.
- Disney Junior-Live on Stage: A puppet stage performance based around Disney Junior Programming. If your kid is a fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Handy Manny and Little Einsteins this is a must! There are character meeting spots right nearby.
- Toy Story Mania: If you are lucky enough to get a FASTPASS that is; little ones will not wait in the long lines. The whole family can do this ride together as they use their “sharp shooter” to experience virtual games from their Carnival car. Rider Swap is available for this ride if necessary.
- Muppet Vision 3D: A 17 minute film with accompanying animatronics is fun for the whole family, featuring your favorite Muppet characters. If you child won’t sit for that long, or is not a fan of 3D glasses, skip this one.
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid: An indoor stage performance based on the animated film. A treat for fans of the film and movie score. However, there a few scary moments that might scare the littlest of the Little Ones. It’s about 15 minutes long, so makes a nice break on a busy, hot day.
- Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun: Hollywood Studios daily parade featuring Pixar characters. Most little ones are familiar with Pixar movies, so this is not to be missed. The floats are based on the movies UP, Ratatouille, Monsters, Inc., Toy Story and A Bugs Life.
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage-A live performance that occurs several times daily. The Broadway like performance recounts the love story in Beauty and the Beast. Again, you are treated to the famous musical score as part of the pageantry. The show lasts almost 30 minutes, so may be more than a little one can handle, but its suitable for the family.
These attractions and rides are what I’ve found to be most appropriate for Little Ones. There is plenty to keep your kids busy just walking around as well. There is a life-sized replica of McQueen and Mater from the movie Cars. A superb fountain featuring the Muppet characters. Plenty of kid friendly dining as well. If your time is short in Disney World, then Hollywood Studios can be missed or done in a couple of hours. However, don’t assume its a park for older kids and adults; Little Ones have plenty they can do!
MickeyMom is a Mom to two Pixar Fans and has never ridden Toy Story Mania.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow To Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Refurbishment Schedule December 2012 (chipandco.com)
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.