It’s hard to believe that there are only 2 more weekends for the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. With festival events every day of the week, it has been amazing activity this year! Some of the best things are the great culinary artistry, exhibits, Artful Photo Ops and other events.
If you haven’t been able to enjoy this amazing festival yet, there’s still plenty of time!
The seminars are included with Epcot admission and are generally 30 minutes, and the workshops have a nominal fee but last 75 minutes and include hands-on training and a cool takeaway.
Here are some workshops you could try over the next two weeks:
- (Saturday, February 10) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit: The Search for the Lost Disney Cartoons – David A. Bossert, Author and Disney Historian will showcase his latest fascinating writing efforts, a book based on the history of Walt Disney’s early animation. Guests will learn about the origins and history of Disney’s first major animation success in this immersive lecture that includes the screening of rare Oswald cartoons.
- (Monday, February 12) Gesture Drawing Class: Todd Bright, a former Disney animator, will showcase some of the foundations of animation. Guests will learn the art of quick sketching from life with a Disney animator and how “gesture drawing” of people is basic practice for animators, story board artists, and directors. A single drawing can tell a story.
- (Thursday, February 15) 3D Paper Crafting: Artist Dave Avanzino will take guests into the world of 3D shadowbox art. In this workshop, guests will create their own dimensional paper artwork, learning techniques to cut, fold and add spacers to their work making a framed magical masterpiece!
- (Sunday, February 19) Mini Masterpieces: Curators from our own Orlando Museum of Art help participants make their own landscape, portrait or abstract work on canvas inspired by the Orlando Museum of Art’s State of Excellence.
Don’t forget to visit the Festival website for all the official times and prices. Seminars can be reserved day-of at the Odyssey Festival Center. Workshops can be booked in advance by calling (407) WDW-TOUR.
As a reminder, the Disney on Broadway series runs Fridays through Mondays during the Festival (or what we like to call a “Disney Weekend”).
The next two weekends – February 9-12 and February 16-19 – shine the spotlight on Josh Strickland, the original lead from Disney’s “Tarzan” and Ashley Brown, who starred in the original Broadway production of Disney’s “Mary Poppins.” Ashley also portrayed Belle in Disney’s “Beauty & the Beast” on Broadway.
All Disney on Broadway shows are included in theme park admission and take place at the America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. Broadway fans can book dining packages that include guaranteed seating for a show and a wonderful meal.*
For more information on the Festival, click over to www.disneyworld.com/ArtfulEpcot or call 407-WDW-DINE or 407-939-3463.
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
If you are having issues seeing the form above just click here!
Latest posts by Whitney Littlejohn (see all)
- Four More Disneyland Resort Restaurants Participate in Mobile Ordering - September 26, 2018
- Is PizzeRizzo Going to Seasonal Hours? - September 26, 2018
- Halloween Fun at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa - September 26, 2018