Here Is Everything From Pixar That Will Be Available On Disney+ Launch Day! We are just a few days away from Disney+ launch day! Woo hoo! If the countdown wasn’t exciting enough, here is all the amazing content, new and old, from Disney-Pixar that will be available to stream immediately starting November 12th:
Pixar Animation Studios’ short film collection is designed to discover new storytellers and explore new storytelling techniques from across the studio. The short film series includes 6 new titles: Purl, Smash and Grab, Kitbull, Float, Loop, and Wind. All 6 projects, along with many popular Pixar titles will be available to stream on Disney+ launch day, November 12, 2019.
- Purl: “An earnest ball of yarn named Purl gets a job at a fast-paced, high energy, male centric start-up. Things start to unravel as she tries to fit in with this close knit group. Purl must ask herself how far is she willing to go to get the acceptance she yearns for and in the end is it worth it?”
- Smash and Grab: “After years of toiling away inside the engine room of a towering locomotive, two antiquated robots will risk everything for freedom and for each other.”
- Kitbull: “An unlikely connection sparks between two creatures: a fiercely independent stray kitten and a pit bull. Together, they experience friendship for the first time.”
- Float: “In FLOAT, a father discovers that his son is different from other kids in the most unusual way. To keep them both safe from judgement, Dad covers him and keeps him out of sight—but when his son’s ability becomes public, Dad must decide whether to run and hide or to accept his son as he is.”
- Loop: “A non-verbal, autistic girl and a chatty boy are partnered on a canoeing trip. To complete their journey across an urban lake, they must both learn how the other experiences the world.”
- Wind: “Set in a world of magical realism, WIND sees a grandmother and her grandson trapped deep down an endless chasm, scavenging debris that surrounds them to realize their dream of escaping to a better life.”
“The SparkShorts program is designed to discover new storytellers, explore new storytelling techniques, and experiment with new production workflows. These films are unlike anything we’ve ever done at Pixar, providing an opportunity to unlock the potential of individual artists and their inventive filmmaking approaches on a smaller scale than our normal fare,” says Jim Morris – President, Pixar Animation Studios, in a statement on Pixar.com.
Forky, from Disney and Pixar’s “Toy Story 4,” is a craft project created from trash, so he has important questions about how the world works, such as: What is love? What is time? He explores all of these questions and more in a collection of 10 shorts. With the help of the other toys in Bonnie’s room, Forky learns all about the world around him, and even finds the answers to some tough questions in his new exclusive Disney+ series, Forky Asks A Question.
‘Pixar IRL’ Brings Pixar Stories To Life In Interactive Series on Disney+. In this short-form series, Pixar characters such as Wall-E, Dash (The Incredibles), Hank and Dory (Finding Dory), the CDA (Monsters Inc.), and more are brought to life, surprising real people on location and the viewers at home. Pixar IRL will exclusively be available to stream on Disney+.
New and Old Pixar Featured Films and Short Films
New and Old Pixar Featured Films that will be available on Disney+ launch Day include:
- Toy Story (1995)
- A Bug’s Life (1998)
- Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- Finding Nemo (2003)
- The Incredibles (2004)
- Cars (2006)
- Ratatouille (2007)
- WALL•E (2008)
- Toy Story 3 (2010)
- Cars 2 (2011)
- Brave (2012)
- Monsters University (2013)
- Inside Out (2015)
- The Good Dinosaur (2015)
- Finding Dory (2016)
- Cars 3 (2017)
As well as most Pixar short films including: La Luna, For the Birds, Bao, Piper, Purl, Smash and Grab, Kitbull, Float, Loop, Wind and many more!
Other Pixar titles such as Coco and The Incredibles 2 will be added to Disney+ after their streaming contracts end with Netflix. Don’t worry! They won’t be missing for long.
Launching on November 12, 2019, Disney+ will be the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more, together, for the first time. From The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney+ will offer ad-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. The service will launch in select geographic territories, including U.S., Canada, and The Netherlands, followed shortly by Australia and New Zealand, with the expectation to be available in all major markets within the first two-years. Visit DisneyPlus.com to learn more.
Are you excited for Disney+? Will you check out any of the content from Disney-Pixar? What titles are you most excited to stream on Disney+? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
Be sure to check back here at Chip and Company for all things Pixar!
Featured Photo Credit: Disney+
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Kaitlyn (see all)
- Director JJ Abrams Dives into Finn and Poe’s Unique Bond and LGBTQ Representation in ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ - December 6, 2019
- ‘Black Widow’ Trailer Give First Look at David Harbour’s ‘Red Guardian’ - December 6, 2019
- New Trailer Introduces ‘Togo’ a New Disney+ Original Movie - December 5, 2019