You know you’re a Disney nut when your ideal retirement plan involves moving to Orlando and working at the Walt Disney World Resort. On days when my job is particularly stressful, I retreat to my “happy place” and weigh my options. If I could choose any Disney dream job, what would it be? And the best part is the list of contenders can change on any given day. Here’s today’s list of my top five Disney dream jobs.
- Server at La Hacienda de San Angel. Epcot’s IllumiNations is hands down the best nighttime fireworks show at Walt Disney World and there’s no convincing me otherwise. Being able to experience it night after night from inside La Hacienda de San Angel sounds just about perfect. My enthusiasm and my stint as a server at a local soda fountain during high school should qualify me, right?
- Help at Special Diets. I am fortunate to be able to experience food without giving a second thought to the ingredient list; I just prefer that I can pronounce it all. My godson is not so lucky and suffers from food allergies which make dining out a bit more stressful and complicated for his family. Some families don’t even dare to dream about a vacation because they fear they won’t be able to safely dine away from home and that is sad to me. Disney World, with its Special Diets (Special.Diets@disneyworld.com; (407) 824-5967) group, goes all out to provide a safe and tasty dining experience for all guests. Being able to help families plan wonderful dining experiences without the worry would be a very fulfilling Disney dream job.
- Greeter on Main Street USA. I dare you. No, I double dog dare you to find someone who doesn’t crack a smile after seeing the enthusiastic greeters on Main Street U.S.A. welcoming guests to the Magic Kingdom with their white Mickey gloves right after rope drop. Being able to spread that kind of joy and happiness qualifies as a Disney dream job.
- Go Incognito. My husband and I cannot help but dream both big and small when we visit Walt Disney World. There’s a lot of fun to be had in thinking up pie-in-the-sky ideas on how to make an unsurpassed vacation destination even more extraordinary (Wish we could take credit for the Magical Express with our concept of a monorail from Orlando International Airport to Disney but…we can’t.) On the other hand, as ordinary guests we also think about small changes that could make the guest experience even better. So Ms. Crofton, if you’re ever looking for a couple to spend their days experiencing the Walt Disney World resort and making suggestions, we’d like to apply for the job. We’ll even work for cheap. A couple of annual passes and free dining should do it.
- Data Analysis. I’ve made no secret that I love crunching numbers and analyzing data. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking. But really, what is normal? from a dream job perspective, it seems to me that Walt Disney World has a treasure trove of data from length of customer stays, to touring patterns, and everything in between. Think about all the data that becomes available every time you use your admission ticket, print a FASTPASS, use a Disney Dining Plan credit, or make an ADR. The list goes on and on. I can hardly contain myself just thinking about the incredible experiences and tweaks to the customer experience that could be made by mining this data. Improving customer experiences by analyzing how people vacation at the Walt Disney World Resort would be a Disney dream come true.
There you have it – my ideal Disney jobs. What’s your dream Disney job?
Lisa M. Battista is the author of Beyond the Attractions: A Guide to Walt Disney World with Preschoolers When she’s not chasing after her little ones, you can most likely find her at the beach or in the kitchen trying her hand at a new recipe. You can follow her on Twitter @DisneyExplorer or become a fan of Beyond the Attractions on Facebook.
Photo Credit: Big Cash Maker
This article was featured on this months edition of the Dismarks Blog Carnival. For more great Disney content from other Disney Bloggers check out the link here.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!