Everyone has the right to act a little crazy on their Disney vacation, after all you are paying to be there! In my travels however, I have found a few types of guests I can truly recommend you not to be. I am providing you with this list not only for your reading pleasure, but as a public service announcement as well.
1. The modern-day princess – There is plenty of room at Disney for mini Cinderellas and Belles to strut their stuff, but adult women who feel it necessary to dress like Princess Kate are a bit out-of-place. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve seen ladies in dresses and skirts complete with high heels!!! Hey, I’m not knocking them for trying, but ladies listen up, those people staring at you are doing so out of pity not because you look good! Grab a pair of shorts and some broken in sneakers and thank me later. Oh and PS, you can go ahead and skip the perfume too.
2. The ride spoiler – Ok, we get it, you’ve been on Soarin before! There is no need to prove it by announcing what scene is next or telling how great the ending is or revealing where Hidden Mickey’s can be found. This behavior is just plain annoying and frankly ruins the magic for a lot of others. Let newbies be surprised about the drop on Splash and when Everest puts it in reverse!
3. The Stroller Soldier – These folks can’t seem to understand that a stroller is not a weapon of mass destruction! I cannot tell you how many skinned heels I’ve gotten by people running into me with strollers. I’ve also seen an elderly lady knocked over by a mom rushing to Fantasyland. Be careful with the strollers!
4. The Shutter Bug – Not only does this person cause major traffic back ups by stopping suddenly every few feet to snap a picture, but they also miss the real-time magic that is happening all around them! I know it is a sin to not got a great family photo in front of the castle, but remember to actually enjoy the little things that can easily e missed when you are searching for good angles and photo ops.
5. The yeller – I get it, kids misbehave, everyone is exhausted, your feet hurt, that Mickey Bar cost you an arm and leg, but try not to publicly yell at your family members! It ruins the magic for the passerby and it won’t make things better for you! I recall a woman scolding her child because she badly needed a cigarette before heading onto Kilimanjaro Safaris. That poor kid was so excited and instead got yelled at and had to wait with her mom while she inhaled a cigarette…ew.
So there you have it. Keep this stuff in mind for your next trip and I promise you things will be a little mor magical! What types of people have you encountered on your trips that others should avoid being?
- Tips: Soarin’ (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Can you use a Stroller as a Wheelchair? (chipandco.com)