Jurassic World VelociCoaster is officially open. The new thrill ride at Universal Orlando had its grand opening event yesterday. You don’t have to be a fan of the Jurassic Park franchise to love this coaster but if you are the details will leave you geeking out.
VelociCoaster takes place right before the events of the Jurassic World movie. Claire has already green-lit development for the Indominus rex, but it seems there’s been a hiccup and that exhibit is being slightly delayed. With the Velociraptors showing signs of intelligence and responding to Owen Grady’s command, Claire has designed a new ride. It seems it would be a great idea to construct a roller coaster right in the middle of a Raptor paddock. Right?
As you make your way through the entrance of VelociCoaster, you’ll encounter two towering bronze Velociraptor sculptures framing the hero moment of the ride, showing off a signature inverted stall move.
In the lobby you’ll see a sculpture representation of Jurassic World’s four star Raptors – Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie – before coming face-to-face with them on the ride. You’ll also see a safety message from Mr. DNA.
As you continue through the queue, you’ll be feet away from the 70mph launch. At this moment you’ll feel air pressure and Raptors screech past you.
You’ll come face-to-face (literally) with two full-grown Velociraptors — Delta and Echo. You’ll feel and smell their breath as they stand waiting to be groomed. I could have stared at these girls for hours on end with how realistic they were. These were so realistic I was in awe of what Universal had created. Life, Uh finds a way.
- VelociCoaster has no brakes until it’s over.
- VelociCoaster is the fastest roller coaster at any Universal park.
- VelociCoaster does not slow down – it actually speeds up, the second half of the ride is faster than the first, and it maintains some of its fastest speeds all the way to the final brakes.
- VelociCoaster will have more extreme airtime than any other coaster at Universal, it’s all about speed, airtime, and direction changes. This airtime will be experienced not only right-side-up, but also upside down, and even sideways.
- There are several inversions on this ride that are not experienced on any other Universal coaster:
- A dive loop where you rotate upside down while floating in your seat before diving down to the ground
- An inverted stall where you quickly flip upside down and are weightless in your seat while navigating 100ft of inverted track
- A one-of-a-kind high speed barrel roll taken at around 50 mph where you roll upside down 360 degrees only a few feet from the surface of the lagoon
- Minimum height requirement of 51″ (130 centimeters) to ride
- You will need, and want, a locker for this ride (Plus, VelociCoaster offers the first ever dual lockers at Universal Orlando Resort)
- Child Swap is available upon request
I highly recommend visiting the Universal Orlando Resort to catch a ride on Jurassic World VelociCoaster! It’s one of the best rollercoasters I’ve been on. The team really did an outstanding job.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience Coming this Fall - July 22, 2021
- Bake your way though Hogwarts with this New Harry Potter Baking Cookbook - July 21, 2021
- CASETiFY Launches New Disney Princess Collection - July 18, 2021