While most families have plans to stay dry while visiting Walt Disney World, others look for ways to get wet and cool off on those hot, humid, summer days. Sure, you and your party can ride attractions that will get you wet such as Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids (or just stand on the bridges outside the attraction and try to catch a splash), but I’m referring to other ways to get wet!
The obvious is take a dip in the pool back at your resort, or spend a day at one of the water parks: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. But did you know there are still other ways to get wet at Walt Disney World? (And I’m not talking about playing in the rain during the “summer showers” in Central Florida- however, that will work too!!)
- Find a fountain in the parks and stand downwind. If you’re lucky, you can catch a delightful breeze that has a mist from the fountain.
- Visit one of the misting stations: Epcot has the Cooling Station near Test Track and Hollywood Studios has a Coke bottle at the end of Pixar Place near Streets of America.
- Jump in the stream of “squirting water” at Star Tours (Hollywood Studios), the camels at The Flying Carpets of Aladdin (Magic Kingdom) or Stitch at The World of Disney (Downtown Disney).
- Play in the “splash pads” at Downtown Disney Marketplace as you enter from the bus stop or Epcot before the bridge from Future World to World Showcase.
- Play in the “jumping water” at Journey Into Imagination at Epcot.
- Splash in the water features outside Kali River Rapids.
- Rent watercraft, parasail or water ski on the lakes at Walt Disney World.
What is your favorite way to get wet on a hot day at Walt Disney World?
- Why I love Walt Disney World Extra Magic Hours! (chipandco.com)
- Relaxing things to do in Walt Disney World Parks (mydreamsofdisney.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!