St. Patrick’s Day is just around the bend! Why not take a break from finding the end of the rainbow for some fun and easy St. Patrick’s Day crafts? Last week I shared a ton of festive Paddy’s day ideas featured on Disney’s Spoonful.com. Today I want to show you how easy these crafts are to do and how cute they turned out! These crafts require easily accessible materials, many of which you may already have on hand. Add a little extra luck this St. Patrick’s Day with these simple crafts.
St. Patrick’s Day Craft #1: Try On Leprechaun
Supplies: a mirror, craft foam, glue and printable templates
1. Use your mirror as a base for your leprechaun.
2. Download the templates for the leprechaun at Spoonful.com.
3. Cut out and trace templates onto craft foam.
4. Cut out and glue craft foam onto mirror.
5. Feel like a leprechaun when you look in the mirror!
This craft is super easy! I did it with my toddler and he really enjoyed playing with glue and putting the pieces together! He obviously required more guidance than a school-aged child, but with a little moving around of the pieces, and glue on the mirror, we got the job done and enjoyed seeing a leprechaun when we looked in the mirror!
St. Patrick’s Day Craft #2: To Catch a Leprechaun
Supplies: empty oatmeal container, felt or construction/scrapbook paper, glue, scissors, makers, pipe cleaners or twigs, lightweight bait such as gold craft foam, gold foil, light rocks painted gold
1. Wrap empty oatmeal container in green construction paper or felt.
2. Decorate oatmeal container as desired
3. Cut hole in the top of oatmeal container and conceal with green foam, felt or paper
4. Place lightweight bait on top of leprechaun trap
5. Create ladder for leprechauns to climb to the top of the trap
6. Place signs with rules for leprechauns to break near leprechaun trap.
7. Hope you catch the leprechaun and find his pot of gold!
Are you ready for St. Patrick’s Day? What special crafts, recipes or traditions do you have for the holiday? We’d love to here all about them!