First, a little bit about “Frozen”: Walt Disney Animation Studios presents a chilly twist on one of the most humorous and heartwarming stories ever told. Fearless optimist Anna sets off on an epic journey — teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven — to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.
There are not even words to express how much I love this movie. In my opinion it is unlike any other Disney princess movie. When I first saw the movie in theaters I thought it was going to be the usual “Someday my Prince Will Come”, “True Loves First Kiss”, kind of movie. For most of the movie I was fooled, but than it was revealed that the act of true love, was the love of her sister. I was shocked and happily surprised all at the same time. I never thought Disney would make a movie like this. It is definitely refreshing and I hope they do many more like it. Maybe a Frozen 2?
There is nothing bad to say about this movie, it is perfection. It had the just the right amount of humor. The songs were amazing, the animation was incredible, the story-line was refreshing and new, and the characters were so well put together. It is true Disney magic.
I usually try to pick my favorite parts of a movie, but it’s hard to do with this one because every part is my favorite part. I must admit though I do have a soft spot for trolls. How could you not love them, they are adorable and they accessorize so well. I would also love to visit Oaken’s Trading Post. Maybe for the “Big Summer Blowout”.
As usual, Disney has incredible Bonus Features.
- There is the short “Get a Horse”, I am not the biggest fan of shorts but this one was pretty cute.
- The Making of “Frozen”, the best way I can describe that is a comedy mini-musical.
- Breaking the Ice: The Real Making of “Frozen”, which is pretty self explanatory.
- 4 Deleted Scenes which are brought to you by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck. My Favorite was “The Dressing Room”. You will see what Elsa could have been.
- Music Videos for “Let it Go” in different Languages.
- D’frosted: Disney’s Journey From Hans Christian Anderson to Frozen. This was my favorite, it tells you some background how the movie we know and love came to fruition. All I can say is The Enchanted Snow Palace would have been a great ride. I also love seeing the sketches and the interviews with Disney legends.
- Last but not least the “Frozen” teaser trailer.
A little tip: Be sure to stay tuned after the credits. Don’t blink or you will miss a message at the end. Shortly after that is the cutest scene, I call it snow-monster meets crown.
Frozen is on DVD & Bluray tomorrow March 18th, 2014. Run out and get your copy today!
I give this movie an A+
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!