You either love them or hate them, we are talking about pickles! Today we have a Fried Pickles recipe to make at home.
If you have ever been at Carnation Cafe located in Main Street U.S.A at the Disneyland Resort, then you probably tried their signature deep-fried bites of tart, salty, crunchy pickles, a classic treat since 2012.
And if you haven’t, don’t worry! You can follow this recipe from Disney Parks and make these fried pickles at home, we are sure your family will love them:
Zesty House Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp of Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp of lime juice
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/8 tsp of coarse salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz jar of dill pickle spears, about 12 pickles (should be uniform in size, cut in half widthwise, if necessary)
For Zesty House Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl, whisking well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Using caution, pour oil into large skillet and heat to 365F.
- Place four in shallow dish.
- Whisk eggs until smooth in small mixing bowl. Transfer to another shallow dish.
- Mix panko and parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Lightly dredge each pickle speak in four.
- Add pickle to whisked eggs, tossing gently to coat.
- Add pickle to bread crump mixture to coat.
- Place breaded pickle on tray and repeat steps until all pickles are breaded.
- Carefully place breaded pickles in skillet and fry until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with zesty house sauce.
Credit: Disney Parks Blog
- Refreshing Princess Pearls Punch To Have This Summer! - June 9, 2021
- Want Some Shrimp And Pineapple Thingamabobs? We Have Plenty! - June 8, 2021
- Plant-Based Maui Pizza Rollups Recipe - June 7, 2021