The Lunar New Year festival, commemorating the Year of the Dog, is about to kick off at Disney California Adventure park. This year’s festival will run from January 26 through February 18 and will feature specialty Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cuisine. All of the delicious food you see listed below will be offered in marketplaces located througout the north side of Paradise Pier. Be sure to come celebrate the time-honored traditions that commemorate the start of a new year, and check out Erin Glover’s recent post about all of the festivities that will be returning for this year’s celebration.
Korea Marketplace (In front of The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure)
- Kimchi Bokkeumbap – Vegetable fried rice
- Yachae Mandu – Steamed vegetable dumpling with sesame-garlic soy sauce
- Yang Gaeng – Sweet red bean and raspberry jelly
- Banana Ooyu – Non-alcoholic banana milk
- Mae Shil Ju – Plum wine cocktail
- Hite Pale Lager
China Marketplace (In front of Golden Zephyr)
- Xiao Long Bao – Pork soup dumplings with black vinegar and ginger
- Sanbeiji – Three-cup chicken
- Dan Ta – Egg tart dessert
- Wuxiang Huasheng Tang – Five-spiced peanut brittle
- Baixiangguo Lucha – Passion fruit green iced tea with lychee popping pearls (non-alcoholic)
- Tsingtao Lager
Vietnam Marketplace (In front of Golden Zephyr)
- Banh Chu’ng – Sticky rice cake with pork
- Chao Tom – Sugar cane shrimp skewer with sweet and sour sauce
- Banh Khoai Lang Tim – Purple sweet potato macaron
- Ca Phe Sua Da – Vietnamese iced coffee (non-alcoholic)
Paradise Gardens Cart
- Zhurou Bao – Steamed bao filled with pork and served with sweet chili dipping sauce
- Xìngren Qu Qi – Three Mini Almond Cookies
Paradise Garden Grill
- Ca Ro Phi Chien Gion – Whole crispy tilapia with chili-lime vinaigrette served family-style with soup, vegetables and rice
- Japchae – Sweet potato noodles, onions, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, spinach, snow peas, broccolini and lightly sauteed tofu tossed with sesame oil and sweet and spicy sauce and topped with toasted sesame seeds
- Galbi – Short ribs marinated and grilled Korean-style and served with steamed rice and kimchi
- Pho Bo: Beef noodle soup with seasoned beef stock, thinly sliced tri-tip and rice noodles with classic accompaniments of onion, jalapeno, basil-lime and hot sauce
- Banh Mi Thit Nuong – Marinated pork belly, pickled carrots and daikon with cucumber, cilantro, seasoned mayonnaise and jalapeno on a crispy baguette
- Mango Pudding
- Almond Milk Black Iced Tea with Pudding (non-alcoholic)
- Black Beer Stout
Are you ready to start planning your magical Disney vacation? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney), I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Get in touch at 843-288-1130, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook. Or fill out and submit the form below.
If you are having issues seeing the form above just click here!
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.