Some posts may contain affiliate links which means our team could earn money if you purchase products from our site.

Disney Bus Line Dispute Ends in Arrest at Yacht Club Resort
A disagreement over a bus line at Walt Disney World’s Yacht Club Resort took a physical turn earlier this year, leading to the arrest of a guest and a court case that concluded just last month.
According to an Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrest report, the incident occurred on Saturday, January 4, 2025, around 7:20 p.m. at the Yacht Club’s bus loop. Deputies responded to a call involving a battery between two guests—Matheus Assuncao, the reported victim, and Leonardo Oliveira, the alleged aggressor.
Related: Tennessee Man Charged with Felony After Incident with Disney Security During Fireworks
Assuncao told deputies that he had mistakenly exited a Disney Springs-bound bus before realizing it was the wrong stop. Upon the bus driver’s instruction, he and his family began reboarding the bus. That’s when Oliveira, who had been waiting to board, reportedly became angry, believing Assuncao was skipping the line. Assuncao stated that Oliveira forcibly grabbed him by the back of the neck and yanked him backward in retaliation.

A bus driver, witness Avery Williams, confirmed the sequence of events, telling authorities he observed Oliveira yelling, swinging a closed fist at Assuncao’s neck, and then grabbing him from behind and pulling him backwards.
Assuncao, while not physically injured, told deputies he felt ashamed, nervous, and embarrassed following the encounter. Emergency responders treated him at the scene, and he requested his personal information be kept confidential under Marsy’s Law.
Oliveira, a Portuguese speaker, communicated with law enforcement through Disney Security Officer Anna Soto, who translated his statements. He admitted to grabbing the back of Assuncao’s jacket but denied grabbing his neck.
Related: Fake Bomb Threat at Walt Disney World Shuts Down Disney World Monorail System
Authorities ultimately arrested Oliveira and transported him to the Orange County Booking and Release Center (BRC). On February 20, 2025, he entered a plea agreement, paid $474 in fines and court costs, and resolved the misdemeanor battery charge.
Even in a place known for magic and joy, this incident serves as a reminder that patience and understanding go a long way—especially in crowded spaces like theme park transportation hubs.
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!

Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
