Disney Character Dining Locations hold some of my favorite fun-filled memories on Disney Property. During our visits ‘Home’ my family and I usually book at least one or two Character Dining Reservations per trip. No restaurant on Disney property can boast more deliciously tempting variety than an All-You-Care-To-Eat Disney Buffet. This convenient, time saving dining option offers up countless menu selection from Savory to Sweet. There truly is something for everyone in your party. Plus, who doesn’t want to add a little extra Magic to their Mickey Waffles?
With several different buffet styles and characters to choose from, you can take your pick from your favorite character experiences or menu styles plus saving a little meet-and-greet time in the parks while your at it.
Here is a list of the Character Buffet Dining experiences featured in Walt Disney World – Florida. (Character appearances and entertainment are subject to change.) Advanced Dining Reservations (ADR) are highly recommended! Valid Park Admission Required For Dining Reservations located inside of Walt Disney World Parks.
Character Buffet Dining Locations in Walt Disney World:
1900 Park Fare
Located inside of the Grand Floridian Resort this restaurant is one of my favorite over-all dining experiences. First up is Breakfast,1900 Park Fare presents the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with character appearances by: Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter, Tigger and Winnie the Pooh.
For Dinner 1900 Park Fare offers Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner where you can visit: Cinderella, The Prince and the wicked Step Sisters. This restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner; and in addition to offering two different menus, it also offers two different character experiences!
- Extra Magic Tip: Try the Strawberry Soup and check this one off your 100 Foods to Eat Before You Die Challenge!
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Located in the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. Akershus invites you to an unforgettable Storybook Dining experience inside a medieval castle with soaring archways and cathedral ceilings. Now open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – Akershus is not only a great way to save time on Princess Meet and Greets but it also features Norwegian style cuisine for a unique dining option in Disney Parks.
Character appearances usually include: Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Princess Aurora, Ariel and sometimes Jasmine or Mary Poppins. Don’t forget your autograph books!
- Extra Magic Tip: If you arrive before January 4th 2015 you will also receive a complimentary photo keepsake delivered right your table as you dine. Don’t forget to let a Cast Member know if you are celebrating a special occasion, you just might find a little extra magic along the way!
Cape May Cafe
Located inside Disney’s Beach Club Resort just off Disney’s Boardwalk. What better way to spend a “day at the beach” than by enjoying an American style buffet with some of your favorite Disney Characters? Cape May Cafe offers a Beach Themed Character Breakfast with appearances by: Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck and Pluto. Crayons on the table let Guests of all ages draw on paper tablecloths, while they enjoy Mickey waffles, scrambled eggs, seasoned potatoes, sausage, oatmeal and more. Please note: Disney Characters join Guests for breakfast only.
- Extra Magic Tip: Although Cape May Cafe offers many delicious options, if you have a sweet tooth like mine; try topping your French Toast with some Caramelized Bananas! It’s a combination you won’t soon forget.
Located inside Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Chef Mickey’s invites you to enjoy a lively, all-you-care-to-eat buffet with Disney Friends while the monorail whizzes by. Disney Characters mingle with Guests for photos and autographs and periodically lead meals in song and dance. Character appearances by: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck and Goofy. Breakfast features such favorites as pancakes, Mickey waffles, French toast, fresh fruit, bacon and more, while Dinner offers roasted chicken, carved beef, pasta, savory sides and kids’ favorites like macaroni and cheese. After your meal guests of all ages will delight in the sundae bar, where you can customize your own decadent dessert!
- Extra Magic Tip: Be sure to stop by for an extra photo opportunity at Chef Mickey’s restaurant. Upon arrival a PhotoPass Cast Member will gladly take your family’s photo by the Chef Mickey Statue.
The Crystal Palace
Located on Mainstreet U.S.A. in the Magic Kingdom Park. The Crystal Palace serves up Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with an All-You-Care-to-Enjoy experience bountiful buffet featuring American favorites prepared before you in the onstage kitchen. Character Appearances: Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore.
- Extra Magic Tips: Make a reservation before the park opens to get a jump start on your day with unforgettable character opportunities, an amazing breakfast, and avoid the Park-Opening Crowds by starting your day one step ahead of the rest!
- Don’t forget to inform a Cast Member if you are celebrating a birthday or anniversary at Walt Disney World and the characters may sign a special card for you!
Hollywood & Vine
Located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Hollywood & Vine features a unique Character experience with your favorite Disney Junior Pals! Eat, play and dance along with character appearances by: Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, and Handy Manny during this fun and engaging dining experience. This Breakfast buffet features favorites like Mickey waffles, frittatas, pastries and fresh fruit. Lunch offerings include family entrees like, baked chicken, deli meats, hearty pastas and fresh salads. Please note: Disney Characters join Guests for Breakfast and Lunch only.
- Extra Magic Tip: If your stopping in for Lunch don’t miss the new chocolate fountain with fresh-dipped fruits, divine cakes and other delectable sweet treats!
Tusker House Restaurant
Located in ‘Africa’ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park. Take an adventure with Donald and friends: Mickey, Minnie and Goofy for Donald’s Dining Safari – Breakfast and Lunch. These two all-you-care-to-enjoy meal buffets include traditional American fare, plus unique dishes with African influences. I consider the Tusker House Restaurant one of the best-kept secrets on Disney property when it comes to Character Dining, so if you can grab a reservation at this unique buffet this is certainly an experience that you won’t want to forget. Please note: Disney Characters join Guests for Breakfast and Lunch only.
- Extra Magic Tip: Make a reservation before the park opens to get a jump start on your day with unforgettable character opportunities, an amazing breakfast, and avoid the Park Opening crowds by starting your day one step ahead of the rest!
- Be sure to check out Kilimanjaro Safaris after breakfast because the lines get long QUICKLY and the animals are more active during the early morning hours.
Disney Dining Plan: Each of the above restaurants are currently accepting the Disney Dining Plan and require 1 Table Service Dining Credit Per Person, Per Meal at this time.
Regardless of the restaurant that you choose, you are sure to have a Magical time as each of these restaurant locations offer a unique and fun dining experience all-their-own. Be sure not to forget your camera, autograph book or a pen!
What’s your favorite Character Buffet Dining Location? We’d love to hear your stories so be sure to leave us a note in the comment section below!
Photo Credits: Disney
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.