When it comes to choosing where to eat at Walt Disney World, for many the answer is obvious – Character Meals! Dining with characters can be fun, and not to mention convenient – where else can you enjoy yummy food while getting to meet multiple characters?
Below are some “must do” character meals, the top 3 in popularity, each for their own unique reasons:
- Chef Mickey’s – Head on over to The Contemporary Resort for breakfast or dinner, where you can enjoy American fare (like mickey waffles, pastries, eggs and more at breakfast and an ice cream sundae bar and kid friendly eats at dinner!) in a relaxed buffet-style setting. Personally, I really like the food here, but for many, it’s not the food they are coming for, but the characters – you get to meet the “Fab Five” all in one place – Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto – which is why Chef Mickey’s is the the Best Character Meal for Character Meet and Greets, it’s the only meal in all of WDW that has these 5 characters in one place (oh and they are dressed up in chef outfits, which is cute!)
- Ohana (breakfast) – This restaurant does a character meal only at breakfast time where you can hang out with Lilo and Stitch who are joined by their pals Mickey and Pluto. This meal is served family style (meaning they being the food right to your table, and you can have as much as you want!) in the gorgeous tropical themed Polynesian Resort. This meal wins the honor of the Character Meal with the Best Food – the Warm breakfast breads are to die for, and all the eggs/meat/potatoes come piping hot and fresh to the table, and the fruit is fresh and perfectly ripe every time
- 1900 Park Fare – This restaurant wins the award for the Character Meal with the Best Location – you can get breakfast or dinner at this spot located in The Grand Floridian Resort, which is by far the most grand (as the name implies!) and fancy resort on WDW property. Join Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, and the Mad Hatter for a “Supercalifragilistic Breakfast” buffet including the standard Disney Breakfast fare of eggs, omelets, assorted meats/pastries/Mickey Waffles, and at dinner time Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner is hosted by Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and Anastasia and Drisella (a must-do fo any Cinderella fans like myself!). Dinner is also a buffet and includes carved meats and assorted salads/vegetables/sides and a yummy dessert assortment. I would highly recommend taking a pre or post meal stroll around the hotel grounds, checking out the beach and wedding areas especially – the views of the Magic Kingdom are amazing, and it doesn’t get much more beautiful than this!
No matter where you go to eat at WDW, you will get amazing food, polite and prompt service, and overall will have a great experience. If you are looking to make your dining experience even more special, consider dining with some Characters at the above restaurants – because Delicious Food + Fun Characters will be sure to equal a great meal for you an your family!
- Top 5 Things to Know When Visiting WDW at the Holidays (chipandco.com)
- Eats and Entertainment – Dinner shows at WDW (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!