It used to take me a least a full day to cover all there was to see at Hollywood Studios, but now, with all the recent closures, this park can definitely be done in one day, or less, depending on what you’re interested in seeing.
Follow these FastPass+ tips and conquer Hollywood Studios like a seasoned Disney pro.
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- If you want to ride this at all (which you should, because it’s awesome!) then you are definitely going to want a FastPass. This attraction is notorious for extremely long stand-by lines and in the days before FastPass+, paper FastPass distribution was usually out within an hour of park opening. This should be your number one choice when booking your FastPass+ options
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Staring Aerosmith
- If for reason you aren’t into Toy Story Midway Mania (well, you’re obviously a little crazy), then your next choice should be Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. This is the only roller coaster at Disney that goes upside down and is a must-do for any thrill seeker.
- Once you use up your 3 FastPass+ choices for the day, check and see if an additional FastPass+ is available for Fantasmic! You can totally see this show without a FastPass, but do realize that you will have to arrive early before the show starts. I’ve arrived 30 minutes early before and been turned away because it was already full.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Depending on the time of year, this attraction can have long waits and the FastPass+ is good choice for this one. This is one of my absolute favorite attractions, so I like to ride this a few times during my visit.
- Star Tours
- This is the perfect attraction for any Star Wars lover in your group. Personally, this ride makes me motion sick, but I always suck it up and ride at least once with my group. This is another attraction that can have a long wait, so grab a FastPass+ if you can.
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
- I really enjoy this show, but I don’t think that you should use one of your precious FastPass+ options on it. Just arrive a little early and grab a good seat.
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- I’m really not sure why this is considered a Category A attraction. The show is cute and very well done, but as long as you get in line a little early, you can usually grab a seat. If you want to be front and center though, the FastPass would come in handy.
- Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
- Okay, so this one time, I got to be in the show as one of the extras! You know, no big deal. Anyways, this is another really fun show that you don’t need a FastPass for as long as you do a little pre-planning and get there a little before the show starts.
What are your favorite attractions at Hollywood Studios? Share your must-see and do things with me in the comments!
Don’t forget to check out my other Fast Pass Articles here:
- Best Fastpass Options at Magic Kingdom
- Best Fastpass Options at Epcot
- Best Fastpass Options at Animal Kingdom (coming soon)
Monica is an Alumna of the Disney College Program. When she is not walking down the middle of Main Street USA you can find her wandering the World Showcase, or enjoying a Dole Whip while racing to her favorite attractions. When she is forced to endure life outside of Walt Disney World, you can find her in Ann Arbor, Michigan where she lives and works. You can visit her Disney lifestyle blog here.