Great News! Disney is reporting the first elements of Storybook Circus will open by late March, marking the first in a series of progressive openings for the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history.
Among the first experiences to open will be one carousel of Dumbo the Flying Elephant, a re-themed Barnstormer starring the Great Goofini and the Fantasyland Station of the Walt Disney World Railroad.
In designing Storybook Circus, Imagineers were inspired by Disney’s animated film, “Dumbo.” When complete later this year, the area will be filled with multicolored circus tents and other nods to the film. The section will also feature Casey Jr., the famous locomotive from the movie, who has rolled into town, bringing the circus with him.
Beyond Storybook Circus and as they mentioned in a previous post on the Disney Parks Blog, the Disney Princesses will be getting a new home at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today. The last day of operation for this attraction will be Thursday, May 31.
- Magic Kingdom: Fantasyland Construction, Dumbo Testing, Barnstormer Sign, New Trees in Town Square plus Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Mardi Gras Parade – Photos and Video (jefflangedvd.com)
- Disney World Refurbishment Schedule March 2012 (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney’s California Adventure Reopening with Shopping and Dining for guests - October 23, 2020
- Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – Holiday Cookie Stroll Returns - October 23, 2020
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – Holiday Kitchens Announced - October 23, 2020