Fall is a great time of year and is made even better in Orlando where fall is the season for foodies. There are many activates centering around food and Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is proud to be part of it all!
Make sure you read all about the events and try to catch them all.
“I’m very excited for the fall events we have planned,” says Stephen Wancha, Director of Food & Beverage for Four Seasons Resort Orlando. “In addition to Magical Dining, we’re proud to cook at the James Beard House in New York, and participate in the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.”
Magical Dining Month
Four Seasons Resort Orlando is participating for the second year in a row in VISIT ORLANDO’s Magical Dining Month. The Resort’s Italian restaurant Ravello will offer a pre-fixe three-course menu for $33.00 per person. The menu includes:
- Appetizer choice: Carpaccio of Piemonte beef, cured mushrooms, pickle, the d radish and watercress; artichoke tarte with mortadella and local green salad; or Ceasar salad with hearts of romaine, parmesan, anchovies and focaccia crouton.
- Entrée choice: Braised short rib with local heirloom carrots, soft polenta and caciocavallo cheese; pan-seared local redfish with crushed olive oil potatoes, broccolini and key lime basil infusion; herb grilled chicken with EVOO and herb-crushed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and natural jus.
- Dessert choice: Florida strawberry crostada with limoncello crema and mango-passion sorbetto; hazelnut budino with salted caramel and chocolate crisp.
Magical Dining begins August 29 and runs through October 2, 2016.
Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
The renowned Epcot International Food & Wine Festival presented by CHASE is back for its 21st year. Four Seasons Resort Orlando will be participating for the third year in a row at the popular Festival Center culinary demonstrations and at one of six Party For the Senses grand tasting events. The festival opens September 14 and runs through November 14, 2016 and will feature more than 30 global marketplaces for sipping and noshing throughout the park. Several Four Seasons chefs are participating in the culinary demonstrations, including:
- October 14, 2016 at noon: Pastry Chef Peter Whitley will demonstrate an Oreo-crusted peanut butter pie with candied peanuts and chocolate whipped cream.
- October 15, 2016 at noon: Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi will demonstrate seared ahi tuna with his signature Fabrizio Rub and eggplant caponata.
- October 29, 2016: Schenardi and Chef Mikey Termini of PB&G will present at Party for the Senses, one of the festival’s premium evening events, serving pan seared sea scallops, key lime basil dressing, warm farrotto and wild mushrooms.
- August 20, 2016 – Chef Marco Koch from Ravello will represent Four Seasons Resort Orlando at the “O-Town Mac Down” event benefitting Give Kids The World. Chef Koch hopes to defend his title of reigning champion, after taking first place in last year’s competition with his signature manchego mac with duck confit dish.
- August 26, 2016 – Chef Jon Weisel from Capa is representing Four Seasons at the Taste of the Nation event benefitting the Share Our Strength/ No Kid Hungry initiative.
James Beard Foundation
For the second year in a row, Four Seasons has created a spectacular line up of James Beard Award-wining guest chefs to come together and create a multi-course dinner event. Orlando Weekly dining critic Faiyaz Kara referenced last year’s dinner as the “highlight of the 2015 culinary calendar.” It’s time to save the date of December 10, 2016, for an unforgettable evening.
Confirmed chefs to date include: Edward Lee (returning from last year) of 610 Magnolia, Top Chef; Gerard Craft (also returning from last year), a 2015 James Beard winner for Best Chef, Midwest, of Niche Food Group in St. Louis, Missouri; John Currence, 2009 winner – Best Chef, South, from City Grocery in Oxford, Mississippi; Justin Devillier, 2016 winner – Best Chef of the South, of La Petite Grocery, New Orleans, Louisiana, and Top Chef; and Kevin Nashan, multiple-time James Beard Award finalist, chef/owner of Sidney Street Café & The Peacemaker in St. Louis, Missouri. In addition, James Tidwell, Master Sommelier from Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, will present the wine pairings. Further details about the event will be announced in the coming weeks.
In addition to the special on-site dinner, the team at Four Seasons Resort Orlando was invited to cook at the James Beard Foundation House in New York. Chef Schenardi is scheduled to present a dinner for James Beard Foundation members and guests on November 12, 2016.
Chefs are invited by the James Beard Foundation director of house programming based on multiple criteria, including national reputation; demonstrated excellence; submission of complete event proposal including the event’s menu; and professional expertise. It is a true testament to the Resort’s culinary prowess to be invited to cook at the prestigious James Beard House.
Take the Elevator Home
For those who wish to enjoy an amazing dinner at the Resort, or time at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, it’s even better to “take the elevator home” after the night out. With adult amenities such as The Oasis adult-only pool, the 18-hole Tranquilo Golf Club and an incredible 18-treatment room Spa, Four Seasons Resort Orlando is an ideal couples’ destination.
Will you be attending any of the above events? Comment below!