Happy May the Fourth! To celebrate Star Wars Day, we are sharing how you can experience Star Wars on the Disney Cruise Line. Take a look at some of the fantastic ways you can travel to a galaxy far, far away on a Disney ship!
Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge is coming to the newest ship, Disney Wish, setting sail summer of 2022. This lounge is the first-of-its-kind Star Wars-themed space for adults on a Disney ship. Every evening, this high-end bar styled as a luxurious yacht-class spaceship is reserved exclusively for adults. For the first time on one of Disney’s ships, you can embark on a space-jumping tour of the Star Wars galaxy with interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by the films.
The venue’s sleek interior design and metallic detailing is inspired by lavish star cruisers similar to Dryden Vos’ ship in “Solo: A Star Wars Story.” While you sip your galactic concoctions, this space-faring voyage will transport you to iconic locations from the eras of the Republic, Empire and First Order, employing hyperspace jumps to travel from planet to planet while sensational scenes unfold just beyond the ship’s panoramic viewport at each stop.
Ranging from serene vistas to action-packed encounters, the spectacles seen through this virtual “window” into the galaxy will feature famous space ships from the films and fan-favorite locales like Batuu, Tatooine, Mustafar and Coruscant. The experience will be amplified by surround-sound audio and a holotube that presents holographic models of nearby ships.
While we’re talking Star Wars, did you know that Disney Cruise Line will once again offer Star Wars Day at Sea in early 2022? Yep, the force will be with you during select seven-night Caribbean cruises aboard the Disney Fantasy. Here are some of our favorite things about this intergalactic experience:
- The entire day is filled with Star Wars excitement—costume celebrations, movie screenings, family trivia, a ship-wide scavenger hunt and youth club fun with BB-8!
- You can meet over a dozen Star Wars characters, like Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO and Darth Vader and more. You may even have a surprise run-in with roaming characters such as Boba Fett, Jawas and First Order Stormtroopers.
- There’s an incredible deck show starring Rey and other popular characters that concludes with a fireworks spectacle set to John Williams’ Star Wars score. What a way to end an unforgettable day!
Last up, we want to share with you two of our favorite kid’s places to visit when we’re on a Disney cruise. Aboard two of Disney’s ships, kids can have their own Star Wars experience inside Disney’s Oceaneer Club.
On the Disney Dream, kids can design a starship, train like a Jedi or climb into Han Solo’s cockpit in Star Wars: Millennium Falcon. And on the Disney Fantasy, they can train with Jedi or X-Wing pilots, connect to legendary spacecrafts via an interactive “holotable” and combat First Order Stormtroopers face-to-face at Star Wars: Command Post.
Disney Imagineers aren’t done creating Star Wars experiences for Disney Cruise Line guests. We can’t wait to see what other out-of-this-world adventures Disney comes up with!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Advanced Dining Reservations for Disney World 50th open today and are pretty much gone - August 2, 2021
- Disney World Refurbishment and Closures for August 2021 - August 2, 2021
- New Disney Junior ‘Spidey and his Amazing Friends’ Photo Wall at Disney - August 2, 2021