Beginning September 20, this beloved classic swims into select theaters for a special limited showing. This time viewers are encouraged to become a part of the story. This marks the debut of Disney Second Screen Live, a new technology that allows audiences to interact with the film and each other.
All you have to do is download the free “Second Screen Live: The Little Mermaid App” to an iPad or iPad mini and bring your Mermaid-loaded device to participating theaters and fans and you can interact with the film, play games, find hidden treasure, sing along, and compete with the audience for the chance to win great prizes!
This brand new, magical theatrical experience starts on September 20 at the following theaters:
- City Center 15: Cinema de Lux; White Plains, NY
- Farmingdale Multiplex Cinemas; Farmingdale, NY
- Arclight Beach Cities; El Segundo, CA
- Arclight Sherman Oaks; Sherman Oaks, CA
- Muvico Thousand Oaks 14; Thousand Oaks, CA
- AMC Empire 25; New York, NY
- AMC Garden State 16; Paramus, NJ
- AMC Burbank 16; Burbank, CA
- AMC Downtown Disney 12; Anaheim, CA
- AMC Bay Street 16; Emeryville, CA
- AMC Town Center 20; Leawood, KS
- Century Huntington Beach and XD; Huntington Beach, CA
- Cinemark West Plano and XD; West Plano, TX
- Carmike Wynnsong 16; Knoxville, TN
- Carmike 15; Columbus, GA
There is also a special run that is taking place at the El Capitan theater in Los Angeles, CA on Sundays & Thursdays from September 15th through October 13th.
Don’t forget, On October 1, 2013 “The Little Mermaid” splashes its way into homes for the first time ever on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, and Digital Copy.
This sounds like a good time. Will you take a dive and experience this classic movie in a new way?
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.