After a nice, leisurely stroll through the gardens or some fish and chip at Rose and Crown Pub we continue our tour around the World Showcase looking for hidden gems in France.
- The footbridge leading you from UK to France is a representation of the Seine waterfront, complete with flower carts and even streetside artists and the bridge is inspired by Pont des Arts.
- The Tower is 1/10th the size of the actual tower and was built following the blueprints of the Gustave Eiffel.
The Eiffel tower is the only thing in the World Showcase that can’t be reached by the general public.
- Be on the lookout for street performers, they are very enlighting and show up through out the day.
It makes for a good break in the day to sit back with a nice glass of champagne (or french wine) and fresh croissant from the amazing bakery and enjoy the street performers.
- Want to share in a tale “as old as time” Belle and her furry prince can often be seen greeting guests in the garden (check map for times)
Other characters of a french descent are known to appear here as well including Marie from the Aristocrats, characters from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, and sometimes even Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty has been known to appear.
- While perusing the shops you may come across Belle’s Library, make sure you spend a few minutes enjoying the decor. There are many references to classic Disney tales, shelves lined with favorite stories, knickknacks like gargoyles from Hunchback and even the rose from Beauty and the Beast.
You can also see a beautiful stained glass mosaic representing the beginning of the movie Beauty and the Beast here.
- They have a really good “adult” slushie that is made with Grey Goose Vodka and Grand Marnier at the wine kiosk if you are looking for something cold to cool you off.
- As you complete your romantic tour of France and head toward Morocco you might notice the pavement between the two changes. This is to symbolize the Straits of Gibralter.
Have you ever had a chance to meet Belle and her prince here? Did you happen to catch any of the other characters or the street shows? What did you think of them? Join us next time as we explore Morocco and find all the hidden secrets there.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!