Epcot’s 30th Anniversary Event is upon us and everyone is excited to celebrate at Walt Disney World Resort on October 1. Epcot has on schedule a few special events to help honor and celebrate this landmark event!
Included in park admission on October 1st is special history presentations in the World Showplace that are hosted by D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. There is limited seating though so be prepared to get their early as these events will be very popular to all Disney park guests interested in how Epcot has impacted Walt Disney World. The schedule of presentations:
- 1-2 p.m. – Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
- 4:30–6 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
- 6:30–8 p.m. – Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
Also, at the Voices of Liberty (seating is limited for these events as well).at 3pm there will be special performances by Mariachi Cobre and
Lastly, that night the normal presentation of “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will have a special flair to celebrate the 30th anniversary.
30th Anniversary Merchandise for the special anniversary will be available in all forms and so you can continue the celebration and give to those that were not lucky enough to be present on the anniversary!
- “Countdown to the Festival” Sale: Celebrating Epcot’s 30th Anniversary! (disneyfoodblog.com)
- Celebrating the Big 3-0: Making Epcot’s big day bigger (orlandosentinel.com)