After leaving the trolls behind and learning all about Elsa and Anna’s native land Norway we head to our final country in the World Showcase, Mexico. One of my personal favorites and my kids absolutely love the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride.
- The pavilion was built to resemble a Mesoamerican pyramid.
- Visitors enter the pyramid and walk through “Animales Fantasticos” art collection. It is a display of Mexican artwork throughout the lobby.
- Illuminations: Reflection of Earth is actually run from a small office atop the pyramid.
- El Rio del Tiempo (The River of Time) was the original boat ride through the pyramid and was replaced in 2007 with the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros.
- La Cava del Tequila is a bar with a vast selection of tequilas, appetizers and specialty margaritas like the Avocado or Jalapeno Margarita.
The Mexican Pavilion is one of my favorite places to watch Illuminations from with a cold margarita and some churros.
What is your favorite part of Mexico? Did you enjoy our walk through the World Showcase? Did you learn some things you didn’t know before or did miss something you want to share? Comment below and let us know.
In case you missed them, here is the rest of Epcot’s Best Kept Secret Series
At DIF we offer personalized travel planning, lots of extras and fun just for you! Call me at 832-233-4468,check out my page, here, or email me at email@example.com and we can get started on making me your personal travel assistant for free!
This site contains affiliate links to products on Etsy, ShopDisney and Amazon. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.