Next Spring is shaping up to be a banner year for the Flower & Garden Festival as Epcot prepares to celebrate 25 years of amazing seminars, breathtaking topiaries, top-notch entertainment and of course delicious cuisine. The festival will run from February 28 until May 28, 2018, making it the perfect springtime pursuit.
The 2018 festival also falls during the 35th Anniversary of Epcot and will showcase millions of brilliant flowers, 15 Outdoor Kitchens, topiaries, interactive play gardens for the kids and life chart-topping concerts during the Garden Rocks Concert Series.
Highlights of the 90-day Festival include:
- 15 Outdoor Kitchens at the World Showcase where guests can sip and savor their way around Epcot
- Disney character topiaries including classic favorites like Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Belle and Beast as well as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and Anna and Elsa.
- A brand new Future World interactive play garden and a “Road to Florida 500” Cars-themed garden featuring games and challenges. These areas will include a play maze, sensory garden, activity zone and a covered play area. The Cars-themed garden has been re-designed and will be based on the sequel Cars 3 which will add even more opportunities for fun including highway bingo.
- The festival will also feature a brand-new Epcot topiary garden located at the front entrance which will be used to celebrate the milestone anniversary with topiary icons like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy.
- The Garden Rocks Concert Series will be back with hitmakers from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s on the American Gardens Theatre Stage. Three evening concerts will run Friday- Monday.
- Garden Rocks Dining Packages will also be available this year for guests looking for a bit of the VIP treatment.
Let’s talk food! – Each of the Outdoor Kitchens at this year’s festival will feature its own raised-bed or in-ground garden of herbs and produce where guests can learn more about growing what they eat. Eric Darden, festival horticulture manager had this to say about this exciting new addition: “The culture of growing your own food continues to trend and our guests each year have quite a few questions related to edible gardens. They get a big kick comparing items in our gardens with the herbs and produce our chefs incorporate into the festival’s Outdoor Kitchen recipes.”
A few other highlights of the upcoming Festival worthy of mention are:
- The much-loved Figment topiary garden between Future World and World Showcase will be back by popular demand.
- The Royal Tea Garden Tour is returning for a second year to the United Kingdom pavilion. For a small fee, guests can follow a guide through the tranquil tea garden setting to learn more about the artistry behind growing and blending tea. The tour also incldes a treat of tea and scones. There will also be a shorter English Tea Garden Tour that will run on select days.
- Dozens of Disney crafted “flower towers” and beds of multi-colored blooms will magically transform the theme park. Over 70,000 bedding plants will surround the Future World east and west lakes alone: on the water 220 mini-gardens will be set afloat.
So what are you waiting for? Make 2018 the year you experience Epcot at it’s best at the 25th Annual Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival. 2018 packages are currently available to book. Find out how you can get your FREE quote below.
More information about the 25th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival you can also call 407.W-DISNEY. As we inch ever closer to the festival details will also become available at EpcotInSpring.com. The festival, including all gardens and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.