New fun is in store with the first stirrings to life of the new Fantasyland, representing the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history. When the multiyear project is complete, Fantasyland will nearly double in size and immerse guests in Disney stories as never before. Fantasyland will deliver a new home for Ariel, new ways to interact with favorite Disney princesses, offer an exciting new family coaster, a double dose of Dumbo, “be our guest” at the Beast’s Castle and much more.
Greeting guests now will be some of the first attractions to come on line.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant. A real Fantasyland icon, everybody’s favorite pachyderm is aloft again in Fantasyland, bringing the fun of the midway to Storybook Circus. This first-ever Dumbo flying clockwise will be joined later this year by a second Dumbo, flying counterclockwise, in an expanded attraction that doubles the fun for Fantasyland guests.
- Next door in Storybook Circus, the classic Barnstormer now featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini takes families on a rollicking coaster “flight” above the circus fun.
- Fantasyland Train Station follows a “country cottage” style with a thatched roof, and wood beam and plaster walls. It makes Fantasyland once again a stop for the nostalgic Walt Disney World Railroad, encircling the Magic Kingdom on 20-minute journeys.
- Storybook Circus ‘soft-opens’ at Magic Kingdom Park Photos (chipandco.com)
- Disney Confidential – Fantasyland Expansion Gossip (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Disney’s California Adventure Reopening with Shopping and Dining for guests - October 23, 2020
- Taste of Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – Holiday Cookie Stroll Returns - October 23, 2020
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – Holiday Kitchens Announced - October 23, 2020