As a dog-lover, this is super exciting news for me to write! Next time you are departing on your Walt Disney World vacation, you won’t have to leave Fido at home! Disney just announced that as of Sunday, October 15, dogs will be allowed at four Walt Disney World Resorts. In addition to your dog joining you on your next Disney World visit, they also will be treated to their own welcome package to make their stay even more enjoyable!
Four Walt Disney World resort hotels have been designated dog-friendly. Each property’s per night/per room pet-cleaning rate is:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
A maximum of two dogs per guest room can be accommodated. Each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends.
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
Disney previously opened their doors to dogs and other pets as several people found shelter at Disney World Resorts during Hurricane Irma. Those pets must have touched the hearts of many (I know they did mine!) for Disney to make it permanent!
It’s not known at this time if select rooms at these four resorts will be dog-friendly and if others won’t. Service dogs have always been allowed at Disney World Resorts and Guests can always request an “allergy and asthma deep-cleaning” prior to their stay.
While dogs will be allowed to stay in guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
I would love to start planning your next visit for you and your dog to Disney World! CLICK HERE , fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and my services are 100% FREE!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Source Credit: Disney
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- 2019 Military Discounts Announced for Walt Disney World - September 27, 2018
- Disney Cruise Line to Sail to Hawaii and From New Orleans in 2020 - September 27, 2018
- Walt Disney World’s Newest Sweet Treats - September 27, 2018