Here is a list of Earth Day items taking place at Walt Disney World.
Downtown Disney: will host Earth Day activities from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Pin Traders station. Including a butterfly releases every half-hour.
Magic Kingdom: Jiminy Cricket will be available for “meet-and-greet” from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Rose Garden.
Animal Kingdom: Will have several events going out throughout the park including.
- Jiminy Cricket meet-and-greets at the entrance from 9 am to 1 pm and Rafiki’s Planet Watch from 2 to 5 pm
- PIPA the Talking Recycling Bin will be at RPW 11:20 a.m., 12:10 p.m., 1 p.m., 1:50 p.m. and 2:40 p.m.
Shopping: Walt Disney World now features a line of environmentally friendly products and souvenirs, including tees, accessories, bags, plush, stationery and more.
- Every Tree Has Character Reusable Bag made of post-consumer recycled materials ($2.95, plus tax), these bags cut down on consumption of paper and plastic.
- Recycled Bottle T–Shirts created from plastic bottles that have been collected from curbside pick-ups or collection centers. The bottles are sorted by color and type of plastic and then pre-washed, shredded, ground into flakes, then washed and dried again. Once dry, the clean flakes are melted down and re-extruded into filament yarn, which is woven to produce the fabric for the T–shirts. Also available are a line of soft cotton T-shirts (made from traditionally processed cotton) to benefit the World Wildlife Fund. Every WWF tee sold results in $1 being donated to the World Wildlife Fund.
- Notebooks and journals made from post-consumer recycled paper printed with environmentally friendly soy ink. There are also pens or pencils made from everything from recycled plastic to old automobile tires and even recycled U.S. currency.
- Eco–Mochilla Bag — Made in Colombia, these bags are hand-woven from recycled plastic bags. Each one removes up to 150 plastic bags from cluttering the environment and helps Colombian communities generate income to support their families.
- Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund plush — a portion of the sale will support the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund and go to non-profit organizations around the globe to help wildlife, wild places, and their survival.
If you cant make it out to the Parks check out the Disney Store’s Earth Day Products
There is still time to enter the Disney Store Earth Day Giveaway – Autographed by Demi Lovato & Joe Jonas.
Disney Digital Books offering a seven-day free trial including four Earth Day-themed books, in honor of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day. The Earth Day-themed books, which contain relevant content to help kids learn about the environment, include all new illustrations and an audio component, providing early readers an engaging storytelling experience with entertaining voices and sound effects, and the ability for children to follow along as the story is read aloud.
To register for a free trial, parents can visit www.disneydigitalbooks.com.
- NEW Pina Colada Cheesecake at Amorette’s Patisserie - June 19, 2021
- Haunted Mansion Stretching Room is back in operation! - June 19, 2021
- Living with the Land Dividers have been removed! - June 18, 2021