Walt Disney Animation Studios officially announced the voice cast for their new action-packed comedy-adventure “Big Hero 6.”
“Big Hero 6” is the story of Hiro Hamada, a robotics prodigy, who along with the help of his equally brilliant brother Tadashi and their friends, adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred, has learned to harness his genius. A devastating turn of events throws the group into a dangerous plot happening in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion—a robot named Baymax—and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery.
“Big Hero 6” includes the voice talents of RYAN POTTER as Hiro Hamada a genius and robotics prodigy who’s state of the art battle bots are the underground champs. SCOTT ADSIT as Baymax, a plus sized robot developed by Tadashi as a Healthcare companion. but with a few adjustments becomes Hiro’s hero and best friend.
Adding their talents to “Big Hero 6” are:
- T.J. MILLER as fanboy FRED is a sign-twirling, monster-loving, comic-book aficionado who is laid back and easy. His ferocious, fire-breathing alter ego comes complete with claws, integrated communications and a super bounce. But his sign-spinning may still come in handy.
- JAMIE CHUNG as the voice of the aptly named GO GO TOMAGO, who knows what it takes to be fast. She’s tough, athletic and loyal to the bone, but on the quiet side. However, popping bubble gum and delivering well-placed sarcasm are totally her speed. The daredevil adrenaline junkie is at her best on wheels, using maglev discs as wheels, shields and throwing weapons.
- DAMON WAYANS JR. provides the voice of WASABI, super smart and just a touch neurotic, WASABI is the big and burly neatnik of the group and uses his martial arts skills with jaw-dropping plasma blade weaponry.
- GENESIS RODRIGUEZ voices the chemistry whiz HONEY LEMON. complete with glasses and funky fashion. Her knowledge of alchemy proves powerful, too, when the effusive brainiac becomes part of the “Big Hero 6” and creates clever concoctions that when thrown, can get her team out of nearly any jam.
- DANIEL HENNEY as big brother TADASHI HAMADA is a good guy and has developed, built and programmed a state-of-the-art nursebot—a Healthcare Companion named Baymax that will likely help millions worldwide.
- MAYA RUDOLPH provides the voice of AUNT CASS, guardian of brothers Hiro and Tadashi and owner of a popular San Fransokyo bakery and coffee shop.
- JAMES CROMWELL adds his voice as PROFESSOR ROBERT CALLAGHAN, who is in charge of the robotics program at the prestigious San Fransokyo Institute of Technology and is Tadashi’s professor and mentor.
- ALAN TUDYK voices Pioneer entrepreneur and tech guru ALISTAIR KREI. San Fransokyo Institute of Technology’s most illustrious alum and owner of the biggest technology company in the world, Krei Tech.
- YOKAI is the silent masked man behind the terrible tragedy that strikes San Fransokyo.
“BIG HERO 6” is inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, and features comic-book style action. Directed by Don Hall (“Winnie the Pooh”) and Chris Williams (“Bolt”), and produced by Roy Conli (“Tangled”), the film hits theaters in 3D on November 7, 2014. Check out the pictures below and click here for the new video trailer.
My name is Loretta Garcia and I am the Entertainment Writer for Chip and Co. Follow me on FACEBOOK for promotions, contests and travel news.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.