Just in time for the Holidays is Disney/Pixar’s Inside Out Bluray!
Do you ever look at someone and wonder what’s going on inside their head? Disney-Pixar’s “Inside Out” takes an exciting and hilarious journey into the mind to find the answer. Based in Headquarters, the control center of 11-year-old Riley’s mind, five emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy. She strives to make sure Riley stays happy as she operates alongside fellow emotions Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. It’s “an instant classic,” raves Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times. Experience it like never before on Disney Blu-ray!
I had the pleasure of reviewing this movie after seeing it in the theaters 3 times. I will say this has to be one of the most creative movies of all time and if you have seen the movie already I bet you can hear the opening song in your head right now. If not here it is 😉
Along with the extensive line-up of bonus features including deleted scenes, the theatrical short film LAVA and “Paths to Pixar: The Women of Inside Out,” comes the all-new animated short “Riley’s First Date?”
Here are some fun facts from the movie, the next time you watch it see if you can see them all!
- The background memories on shelves inside or outside of Headquarters are shots from the “Married Life” scene in “Up.”
- As Riley and her parents trek to San Francisco, they come across birds on a telephone wire from production designer Ralph Eggleston’s 2000 short film “For the Birds.”
- The globe in the Riley’s classroom has been used in all the “Toy Story” films.
- One of Riley’s classmates is wearing a camo pattern made up of “Toy Story” characters.
- Some of the background city cars of San Francisco have bumper stickers from “Cars.”
- Dad’s company, Brang, is a nonsense word intended to sound like a startup that would fit in in the San Francisco tech scene.
- A sign on a parking meter in San Francisco reads, “Quarters and Dollar Coins or Barter During Burning Man.”
- As a tribute to the Walt Disney Family Museum, the filmmakers set Riley’s hockey rink in the exact spot the museum is located in San Francisco.
My review wouldn’t be complete without some Bonus Footage!
I really think Inside Out is going to bring a bunch of awards this year. It is funny, creative, and the kinda movie that will change the way you think. If you missed it in theaters or have been debating on picking this movie up, I promise you that if you do you won’t be disappointed!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek shares his three pillars of success with Cast Members - January 10, 2022
- International star Shakira visits the Magic Kingdom - January 10, 2022
- Disney World raises prices on Food & Beverages - January 10, 2022