Disneynature’s BEARS Comes Home on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Digital HD,
Disney Movies Anywhere, and On-Demand, Aug. 12, 2014!
From Disneynature, the studio that brought you “Earth” and “Chimpanzee,” comes the “must-own true life adventure” “Bears.” Beginning August 12, 2014, you can pick up your very own copy of “Bears,” available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy), Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA), and On-Demand. This epic story is both heartwarming and visually spectacular, showcasing a year in the life of a bear family where two young cubs are taught life’s most important lessons. Through this film, you can travel to a majestic Alaskan wilderness full of life without ever leaving home. The stunning high definition picture, transporting sound, and exciting bonus features are all something that both parents and their children are sure to love.
To celebrate the in-home debut of “Bears,” Disneynature is proud to continue to support the conservation program that was initiated with the film’s theatrical release. For every purchase of the movie through August 19, 2014, Disneynature will make a donation through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund to the National Park Foundation. The proceeds will help further protect and conserve endangered or threatened wildlife and wild places as well as enhance field research across more than 2.9 million acres of National Park Service land.
There are some unique bonus features on the “Bears” Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, and Digital HD such as the music video for “Carry On,” as well as four making-of featurettes:
- “Welcome To Alaska,” which tracks the filmmakers as they set forth on an epic journey to film Sky and her cubs out in the wilds of the Alaskan frontier
- “The Future For The Bears,” which spotlights a special visit to the film’s production from legendary primatologist and conservationist Jane Goodall
- “A Guide to Living With Bears,” which introduces viewers to the guides who instructed the filmmakers on how to work with these magnificent creatures
- “How Did They Film That?,” which provides an inside look on some of the extreme filmmaking that went into getting shots high in the mountains and under frigid cold water.
“Bears” was directed by Alastair Fothergill (“Earth,” “African Cats” and “Chimpanzee”) and Keith Scholey (“African Cats”). It features narration by John C. Reilly (“Wreck-It Ralph,” “Chicago” and “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby”).
When you purchase your own copy of Disneynature BEARS, the true life adventure can be experienced in the following formats with bonus features as listed below.
Blu-ray, Digital HD & DMA will include the following bonus material:
- Welcome To Alaska – Journey with the filmmakers into the Alaskan wilds to film Sky and her cubs.
- The Future For The Bears – Experience the thrill of living with the bears during production, and the importance of protecting the wilderness to ensure their survival…and our own.
- A Guide To Living With Bears – Learn how the team interacts safely with these magnificent creatures.
- How Did They Film That? – Get an inside look on some of the extreme filmmaking that went into getting shots high in the mountains and under frigid cold water.
- “Carry On” Music Video By Olivia Holt
*Digital bonus offerings will vary per retailer
DVD copies will include the following bonus material:
- “Carry On” Music Video By Olivia Holt
Have you seen DisneyNature’s Bears yet or are you waiting until the Blu-ray copy is released?
When Siera isn’t helping plan Disney vacations or sharing the latest Disney news, you can find her spreading magic on Facebook and Twitter. Are you planning a Disney Cruise Line or Disney World vacation? Siera, a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, would love to help you! Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-771-1290!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!