Thousands of twinkling lights, miles of ribbon and garland plus ornaments galore transform the Disneyland Resort into a winter wonderland that “Just Gets Merrier” during the holiday season. Here’s a sample of what guests will experience throughout the Merriest Place on Earth this season:
At Disneyland Park:
- On Main Street, U.S.A., nearly 79,000 ornaments, more than 2,000 feet of garland and nearly 10,000 lights deck the thoroughfare with holiday cheer. In addition, more than 7,400 feet of ribbon decorate Main Street, U.S.A. That’s more than 1.4 miles of ribbon to make more than 800 bows!
- “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade, which debuted in 1994, celebrates its 20th anniversary this year and is one of the longest-running parades at the Disneyland Resort. The parade features 16 floats and more than 100 performers, including 11 elves, 12 toy soldiers, 6 snowflake skaters, 4 roller skiers, 6 gingerbread cookies and 8 reindeer.
- Approximately 1,800 ornaments adorn the nearly 1,200 branches of the 60-foot Christmas tree at Main Street, U.S.A. It’s a favorite holiday photo spot.
- More than 2,000 ornaments decorate Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle at Disneyland Park.
- The façade of “it’s a small world” Holiday features more than 300,000 twinkling lights. Bringing the global celebration of the Holidays to life are roughly 150,000 lights that illuminate the interior of the attraction.
- A 14-foot snowman wishes guests “Happy Holidays” at “it’s a small world” Holiday.
- More than 24 additional animated figures “materialize” inside the mansion whenever Jack brings his Haunted Mansion Holiday around. From man-eating wreaths to vampire teddy bears, they wait all year to join the holiday spirit.
- More than 400 flickering candles create a ghostly glow on the façade of the Haunted Mansion and more than 100 jack-o-lanterns shine their ghoulish light each night.
At Disney California Adventure Park:
- Nearly 3,000 multicolored LED lights illuminate the 50-foot Christmas tree on Buena Vista Street.
- The “Cars” characters of Radiator Springs have special décor in Cars Land that reflect their personalities. Sally’s cone tree at the Cozy Cone Motel is 9 feet tall.
- More than 50 dancers and performers bring the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party” to life at Disney California Adventure Park.
- Guests may see 12-foot tall mojiganga puppets of Santa and Sra. Claus at “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!Street Party.”
- The Three Caballeros join the Holiday festivities at Disney California Adventure Park. The 3 feathered friends – Donald Duck, Panchito from Mexico and José Carioca from Brazil – celebrate on a festive float during the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party.”
- Olaf, the huggable snowman from Disney’s “Frozen,” plays along in “World of Color – Winter Dreams” as 6 “snowflake makers” create the giant, floating snowflakes in the viewing area. Anna and Elsa from “Frozen” also appear in scenes on the mist screen.
At the Disneyland Hotels:
- Under the tree at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, 52 presents are wrapped and waiting to be opened.
- A talented team of 25 artists, engineers and bakers created the new gingerbread house in the lobby of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. The house is 7 ½ feet tall and 12 feet wide, with more than 500 pounds of gingerbread and 60 gallons of frosting and icing.
Throughout the Disneyland Resort:
- More than 2,600 feet of greenery and 19,000 poinsettia plants add to the merriment throughout the resort.
- More than 100 live, miniature Christmas trees can be found throughout the resort during the holiday season.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!