Missing those delicious corn dogs from Main Street U.S.A?
Well you are in luck because we have an easy recipe so you can recreate this snack from Disneyland at home!
So you can imagine that you are walking down Main Street U.S.A towards Sleeping Beauty castle with your corn dogs in hand and enjoying the magic of Disney again. Sounds fantastic right? Imagination is all we have right now until we can be physically in the parks again, so have fun with your family cooking this easy recipe:
- 1/4 of vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp of butter melted
- 8 hot dogs
- Popsicle or craft sticks
- Heat vegetable oil to 350F in a large pot
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter and whisk
- Insert a stick into each hot dog making sure to leave enough of the stick out to create a handle
- Pat each hot dog dry with a paper towel
- Then transfer the batter to a tall glass for easy dipping
- Dip each hot dog into the batter covering it completely and transfer immediately into the pot with the hot oil
- Fry them until golden brown for about 3-4 minutes
- Put on a paper towel to drain
And now enjoy your corn dogs with your favorite dipping sauce like honey mustard or hot cheese!
Credit: The Stay At Home ChefFor more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney Springs “The Daily Poutine” Quick Service Reopens! - May 28, 2020
- Disney’s Kitchen Sink Recipe! - May 26, 2020
- Perfect On The Go Combo From Wine Bar George In Disney Springs! - May 24, 2020