Missing those delicious corn dogs from Main Street U.S.A?
Well you are in luck because we have an easy recipe so you can recreate this snack from Disneyland at home!
So you can imagine that you are walking down Main Street U.S.A towards Sleeping Beauty castle with your corn dogs in hand and enjoying the magic of Disney again. Sounds fantastic right? Imagination is all we have right now until we can be physically in the parks again, so have fun with your family cooking this easy recipe:
- 1/4 of vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp of butter melted
- 8 hot dogs
- Popsicle or craft sticks
- Heat vegetable oil to 350F in a large pot
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter and whisk
- Insert a stick into each hot dog making sure to leave enough of the stick out to create a handle
- Pat each hot dog dry with a paper towel
- Then transfer the batter to a tall glass for easy dipping
- Dip each hot dog into the batter covering it completely and transfer immediately into the pot with the hot oil
- Fry them until golden brown for about 3-4 minutes
- Put on a paper towel to drain
And now enjoy your corn dogs with your favorite dipping sauce like honey mustard or hot cheese!
Credit: The Stay At Home Chef
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Publix Releasing Limited Edition Holiday Ice Cream Flavors! - September 26, 2020
- Enter The ShopDisney “Halloween Dance Party” Contest! - September 24, 2020
- Great Ceremonial House Refurbishment At Polynesian Resort Begins On September 28th - September 23, 2020