Feeling hungry at lunch or dinner time, well check out the feasts served here! Featuring an eye-catching Hawaiian Plater, a plate full of furikake-seasoned Thai jasmine rice, macaroni salad, and your choice of roasted pork belly or poached chicken breast! Check out the Tonkotsu Ramen with rich, pork-based broth, wavy noodles, pork belly slices, fresh green onions, wood ear mushrooms, fish cake, black garlic oil, and a soft-boiled flavoured egg. Both of these dishes look amazing!
The Rongo Salad is another new option which is also a strong contender. The dish contains iceberg and romaine lettuce mixed in with edamame beans, green papaya, cherry tomatoes, gooseberry, crispy shallots, sesame seeds, and marinated tofu and topped with fermented miso vinaigrette. Another salad option is the Little Gem Salad which comes with little gem leaves, candied macadamia nuts, avocado, queso fresco, pog vinaigrette and your choice of either chicken or grilled salmon.
The menu at Tangaroa Terrace Tropical Bar & Grill is filled with delicious bites – to check out the full menu, visit the Disneyland Resort website or check out the Disneyland app!
Up next is a bi-coastal offering that is a definite crowd pleaser and perfect for Halloween! As each year for Halloween, Disney Parks collection releases a limited-edition Tiki mug at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto at the Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at The Disneyland Hotel.
Last year’s release featured the Hatbox Ghost from the Haunted Mansion which was a favourite for many! This year the Hatbox Ghost makes a return to both locations! The Disneyland Resort mug will also feature the Hatbox Ghost’s head inside his handy hat box. However, there is a difference between the two locations… the Walt Disney Resort mug will feature an empty hatbox with his head on his shoulders! What to know how to get this exclusive mug on both coasts? Check out below…
Walt Disney World Resort – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will go on sale on Oct. 15 (Today) at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto for those guests with a valid wristband. Wristbands will be distributed at Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace starting at 9 a.m. ET on Oct. 15 (and starting at 10 a.m. on following days, while supplies last). Beverage purchase is required. The Grim Grinning Grog here will feature pineapple-mango dark rum, Bermuda black rum, blood orange, lime juice, a trio of tropical juices, and dashes of aromatic bitters (non-alcoholic version upon request).
- Trader Sam’s Grotto will open at 1 p.m. ET on Oct. 15, and will open at 3 p.m. ET on the following days.
- A Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin will be sold at BouTiki at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort beginning at 9 a.m. ET, Oct. 15.
Disneyland Resort – The Disneyland Hotel
- The Hatbox Ghost Tiki Mug will go on sale on Oct. 15 at the South Lounge of the Disneyland Hotel Convention Center from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST (line will open at 5:00 a.m.). Complimentary parking at the Disneyland Hotel and Downtown Disney District will be available up to 20 minutes after the time of purchase with receipt.
- The mugs will also be available at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar with purchase of a beverage, The Grim Grinning Grog featuring coconut rum, spiced rum, pineapple juice, red passion fruit syrup, and blue curaçao (non-alcoholic version available upon request).
- A Hatbox Ghost Ornament and Limited Edition Hatbox Ghost Pin will be sold at Disney’s Fantasia Shop at the Disneyland Hotel beginning at 7 a.m. PST, Oct. 15.
*Note: At both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, this offering is non-discountable with a limit of two (2) per guest and is only available while supplies last.
Walt Disney World Resort
There are a few new menu items at Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Park best bites in October 2019 that definitely should not be missed! Firstly, check out the delicious Tradition English Breakfast Platter at Epcot. Which can be found at the Rose & Crown Pub in the U.K. pavilion every Saturday 9-11 a.m. throughout the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This platter contains eggs, sausage, toast, baked beans, and mushrooms.
Secondly, try the new beverage at Bierline in the Germany pavilion. The Frozen Mezzo Mix is a popular soft drink in Germany and features Coca-Cola with a kiss of Fanta Orange. Adults can also add in a splash of honey and bourbon liqueur.
Thirdly, at “Walt Disney Imagineering Presents: The Epcot Experience” at Future World East, you can also find a variety of food and beverage offerings available for purchase. These offerings include assorted chips, bottled beverages, Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars and Ice Cream Sandwiches, Mickey Pretzels with cheese sauce, and a selection of craft beer and cider. Don’t forget to grab some flavoured popcorn! Selling alongside the traditional buttered popcorn, there are flavours such as cheddar cheese, buffalo bleu cheese, or sour cream and chive popcorn that must be tried!
But that’s not all, there are even more exciting offerings coming to Epcot. For all of the delicious details, check out the 2019 Epcot Food and Wine Festival booths here.
Now, on to Disney’s BoardWalk! Flying Fish has added a few new signature dishes to their menu, including a Filet Mignon with asparagus and honshimeji mushroom. Another dish containing Chilean Seabass with Spanish octopus and vegetable mélange. Alongside them is the Sardinian Pasta featuring Maine lobster, scallops, shrimp, and garden herbs. And for dessert, try the delectable Cocoa Beach with vanilla custard, milk chocolate bavarois, and feuilletine crunch.
Over at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Whispering Canyon Cafe has also added several sweet items to their breakfast and lunch menus. On the breakfast menu, freshly-baked warm cinnamon rolls topped with walnut-bourbon maple syrup, icing, and a sugar crisp are now available and are mouthwatering!
And for lunch, indulge in a “Cowboy” Sundae with vanilla ice cream and macerated berries topped with a cobbler dough bubble waffle and a milk chocolate horse. Or for those really really craving some chocolate, you can get the OLLLLLLLD Fashion Chocolate Cake decked out with chocolate ganache and a Mickey macaron.
Due to the popularity of Whispering Canyon Cafe at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Flying Fish at Disney’s BoardWalk, advance reservations are highly recommended. For full menus and to make reservations, visit the Walt Disney World Resort dining page or check out the My Disney Experience mobile app.
Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
Disclaimer - As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Latest posts by Tessa H (see all)
- The Holiday Season Has Begun at Disneyland Resort! - November 10, 2019
- Sneak a Peek Inside United Airlines’ Star Wars-Themed Airplane - November 10, 2019
- Disneyland Paris’ Hotel New York- Art of Marvel is Now Open! - November 7, 2019