For fans hoping to ring in 2017 while at Disney World, you’re in for a treat. Disney released details this morning of the exciting New Year’s offerings taking place in the parks. Here’s just a taste of the celebrations in store over the coming weekend.
- Fantasy In the Sky Fireworks – Magic Kingdom. Those wanting a sneak peek of the festivities should head on over to Magic Kingdom on Friday December 30th for this seasonal fireworks extravaganza. The show kicks off at 11.50pm with additional performances on December 31st.
- Holiday Wishes New Year’s Eve Celebration Magic Kingdom. For families with tiny tots that may not be able to make the 11.50pm Fantasy In the Sky showtime, Disney will also be featuring the Holiday’s Wishes New Year’s Celebration at 7:30pm. This event features an expanded fireworks display and a New Year’s Eve countdown.
- New Year’s Eve Party – Running from 7pm to 1am, this Epcot bash will feature a DJ spinning at Future World’s Fountain Stage, performances by British Invasion at the UK pavilion, a dance party featuring smoke-breathing dragons at the China pavilion , a Latin band and DJ at the American Gardens Theater, a Euro-pop dance party/light show in Italy, a “Silent Groove” party over at Japan and much much more.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – This much-loved nighttime spectacular will be offered twice on New Year’s Eve at 6:00pm and again at 11:4opm. The earlier performance will include the holiday final with the 11.40pm version including a countdown and special fireworks welcoming in the New Year.
- DJ Dance Party – Starting at 7pm on New Year’s Eve, the Center Stage will be hosting an energetic dance party culminating in a New Year’s countdown and celebratory fireworks display.
- “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” – There will be a 9pm performance of this seasonal nighttime show.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – A special treat for Star Wars fans, those sticking around until after the New Year’s Eve fireworks will be treated to a special showing of Disney’s out-of-this-world nighttime production which is expected to start just after midnight.
So head on over to Walt Disney World this New Year’s weekend and ring in 2017 in proper Disney fashion.
Planning a trip to Disney World in 2017? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!