The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of October or will be during the months ahead:
- Big Thunder Mountain – Reopening November 18, 2016
- Liberty Square Riverboat – January 3 – 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Railroad – January 9 – February 16, 2017
- Hall of Presidents – January 17 – June 29, 2017
- Swiss Family Treehouse – Reopening October 24, 2016
- Haunted Mansion – November 28 – December 1, 2016
- Splash Mountain – December 7, 2016
- Rock “n” Roller Coaster – October 27 – November 9, 2016
- Pizza Planet – Reopening as PizzeRizzo in Fall 2016
- Infrastructure Work – September 28 – December 17, 2016
- Dinosaur – Reopening October 16, 2016
- Dino Institute Shop – Reopening October 16, 2016
- Kali River Rapids – January 3 – 29, 2017
- Planet Hollywood – Reopening as Planet Hollywood Observatory in Fall 2016
- Fulton’s Crab House – Reopening as Paddlefish in Fall 2016
- Annual Refurbishment October 16 – December 24, 2016
- Annual Refurbishment December 25 – March 11, 2017
- Shark Reef – Closing Permanently on October 3, 2016
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Yacht Club Resort: Room refurbishments from October 29 – June 23, 2017. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 5:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center – Expansion work until February 1, 2018. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 9:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Boardwalk Villas: Room refurbishments until October 31, 2016. Guests may have an interruption to water service during the overnight hours.
- Pop Century Resort: Computer Pool closed from October 31 – January 3, 2017. Hard goods refurbishments from November 2 – March 26, 2018 between 10:00am and 4:00pm.
- All Star Sports: Grand Slam Pool closed from October 10 – December 13, 2016. Guests may use the Surfboard Bay Pool, located near the main lobby during this time.
- All Star Music: Piano Pool closed from December 12 – February 3, 2017. Guests may use the Calypso Pool located near Melody Hall during this time.
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Refurbishment – Closed until Late Fall 2016 More Info
- Coronado Springs: Hard Goods Refurbishment beginning November 2016. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort hotel. All work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9:00am and 5:00pm in order to minimize any possible disruptions.
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Vallage: Soft goods refurbishment until January 2017
- Old Key West: Sandcastle Pool closed from January 3 – February 24, 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road will remain available.
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas: General resort refurbishments through 2017. Hidden Springs leisure pool, beach, marina, playground and Teton Boat & Bike Rental closed. Cub’s Den (children’s activity center): Unavailable through 2017. Sturdy Branches (Health Club): Unavailable July – October 2016.
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: Guest room renovations through September, 2016. Work is scheduled to take place between 7:00am – 6:00pm daily. No guests will be accomodated in the renovation area in order to minimize impact.
Contact me, Laura Bourget, to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here.
Photo Credit: wdwnews.com