The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of March 2017 or will be during the months ahead:
- Walt Disney World Railroad: Closed through March 2, 2017
- Hall of Presidents: Closed through June 29, 2017
- Roy O. Disney and Minnie Mouse Park Bench: Removed until March 2017
- The Dark Room & Cover Story – Closed through March 23, 2017
- Disney Quest: Closing permanently on July 3, 2017 to make room for The NBA Experience.
Annual Refurbishment – Closed through March 11, 2017
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
Caribbean Beach Resort
- Trinidad South Village Pool: Closed through March 16, 2017.
- General Resort Refurbishments: Trinidad South Region through March 16, 2017. Due to several refurbishment projects, Guests may see and hear construction in progress specifically around the pirate-themed rooms in the Trinidad South region of the Resort. Any work most likely to cause a noise impact will not begin until 9:00 a.m.
- Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post: Closing May 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. There will be a variety of dining options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort. Additionally, in-room dining will remain available. Any work most likely to cause a noise impact will not begin until 9:00 a.m.
- Click here for an update on how guests at Caribbean Beach Resort during this period may be eligible for a $75 Disney Gift Card.
Pop Century Resort
- Room refurbishments through May 7, 2018. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable during this time. All work will be attempted to begin after 9:00am to minimize disruptions.
Yacht Club Resort
- Room Refurbishments began in January 2017. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, we will attempt to limit work to 9:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Captain’s Grille is closing May 15 – September 30, 2017. During refurbishments, the Captain’s Grille is relocating to the oceanic-themed Ariel’s.
Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center
- Expansion work until February 1, 2018. During this time, Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. To minimize any disruptions, we will attempt to limit work to 9:00 a.m – 9:00 p.m.
BoardWalk Inn & Villas
- Exterior Maintenance and Painting through April 2017. All work with the highest potential for noise will be limited between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Luna Park Slide closed through March 3, 2017
- Community Hall Pool closed through March 1, 2017.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Sandcastle Pool closed through March 3, 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road will remain available.
- Exterior maintenance and painting after 9:00am daily through July 27, 2017.
Port Orleans Riverside
- Alligator Bayou North Pool closed through April 7, 2017.
- Hard Goods Refurbishment began in November 2016. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort hotel. All work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9:00am and 5:00pm in order to minimize any possible disruptions.
Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Due to extensive refurbishment projects, Guests will very likely see and hear construction work in various areas throughout their stay. To minimize disruptions, work will be attempted to begin after 9:00 a.m.
At this time, many popular areas will remained closed – including the Hidden Springs Pool (the leisure pool at Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), marina, playground and more. In addition, certain pathways, like our nature trail, will be unavailable, and surrounding views may be altered. However, the recently renovated Silver Creek Springs Pool will remain open and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom park will continue to be offered.
- Cub’s Den (Children’s Activity Center): Unavailable through Summer 2017.
- Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar: During this time the latest addition, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Territory Lounge will also offer a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait.
Contact me to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit my Facebook page here to get started!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started below for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
For the BEST in Disney, Universal, Dollywood, and SeaWorld Theme Park News, Entertainment, Merchandise & More follow us on, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Don't forget to check out the Chip and Company Radio Network too!