The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of January 2017 or will be during the months ahead:
The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment through February 28, 2017 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
- Liberty Square Riverboat: January 3 – 12, 2017
- Walt Disney World Railroad: January 9 – March 2, 2017
- Hall of Presidents: January 17 – June 29, 2017
- The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour: January 1 – February 28, 2017
- Infrastructure Work: September 28 – February 20, 2017
- Kali River Rapids: January 3 – February 13, 2017
- Characters in Flight: Closed January 9 – 13, 2017 as the balloon receives an updated look.
- Planet Hollywood Observatory: Accepting reservations for dates beginning January 16, 2017.
- Paddlefish: Opening in early 2017
Annual Refurbishment December 25 – March 11, 2017
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Beach & Yacht Club Resorts: Stormalong Bay Pool Slide closed for refurbishment January 30 – February 10, 2017. The pool will remain open during this work.
- Beach Club Resort: Tidal Pool closed February 20 – 22, 2017
- Yacht Club Resort: Admiral Pool closed February 22 – 24, 2017
- BoardWalk Resort: Garden Pool closed February 13 – 15, 2017
- BoardWalk Villas: Community Hall Pool closed February 27 – March 1, 2017
- Old Key West: Sandcastle Pool closed January 2 – February 24, 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road will remain available.
- Saratoga Springs: Congress Park Pool closed January 30 – February 2, 2017
- Port Orleans Riverside: Magnolia Bend Pool closed January 23 – 25, 2017
- Port Orleans French Quarter: Doubloon Lagoon Pool closed January 9 – 13, 2017
- Pop Century Resort: Hippy Dippy Pool closed January 13 – 20, 2017. During this time guests may use the Computer Pool (re-opening 1/3) or Bowling Pool. Hard goods refurbishments beginning February 2017 between the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm.
- All Star Movies: Fantasia Pool closed from February 6 – 10, 2017
- All Star Music: Piano Pool closed from December 12 – February 3, 2017. Guests may use the Calypso Pool located near Melody Hall during this time.
- Yacht Club Resort: Room refurbishments beginning January 2017. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 5:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center – Expansion work until February 1, 2018. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 9:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Coronado Springs: Hard Goods Refurbishment began in November 2016. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort hotel. All work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9:00am and 5:00pm in order to minimize any possible disruptions.
- Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Vallage: Soft goods refurbishment conducted between the hours of 9:00am and 6:00pm until January 2017.
- Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney Wilderness Lodge: General resort refurbishments through 2017. Hidden Springs leisure pool is reopening as Boulder Ridge Cove in summer 2017. Cub’s Den (Children’s Activity Center) is unavailable through 2017. The Silver Creek Springs Pool and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom will remain open.
Contact me to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here to get started!
Photo Credit: Disney
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.