The following is a comprehensive list of attractions, resorts and restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort that are currently undergoing refurbishment during the month of February 2017 or will be during the months ahead:
The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System is undergoing refurbishment through February 28, 2017 and may be on modified service and/or routes. If Guests plan to use this form of transportation during their visit they should check to be sure of the best option available on their day of travel, as alternative transportation options will be available.
- Walt Disney World Railroad: Closed through March 2, 2017
- Hall of Presidents: Closed through June 29, 2017
- The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour: Closed through February 28, 2017
- Roy O. Disney and Minnie Mouse Park Bench: Removed until March 2017
- The Dark Room & Cover Story – Closed through March 23, 2017
- Infrastructure Work: September 28, 2016 – February 20, 2017
- Kali River Rapids: Closed through February 13, 2017
- Paddlefish: Opening February 4, 2017
- Disney Quest: Closing permanently on July 3, 2017 to make room for The NBA Experience.
Annual Refurbishment December 25 – March 11, 2017
Golf Courses/Miniature Golf
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Pop Century Resort: Room refurbishments beginning February 4, 2017 through May 7, 2018. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable during this time. All work will be attempted to begin after 9:00am to minimize disruptions.
- Beach & Yacht Club Resorts: Stormalong Bay Pool Slide closed for refurbishment through February 10, 2017. The pool will remain open during this work.
- Beach Club Resort: Tidal Pool closed February 20 – 22, 2017
- Yacht Club Resort: Admiral Pool closed February 22 – 24, 2017. Room refurbishments began January 2017. Guests may see or hear work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 5:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- Yacht & Beach Club Convention Center – Expansion work until February 1, 2018. Work will be limited to 9:00am – 9:00pm in an attempt to minimize disruptions.
- BoardWalk Inn & Villas: Luna Park Pool and Slide beginning early February 2017. Garden Pool closed February 13 – 15, 2017. Community Hall Pool closed February 27 – March 1, 2017. Exterior maintenance and painting through April 2017 between the hours of 9:00am – 9:00pm.
- Old Key West: Sandcastle Pool closed through February 24, 2017. The leisure pools located at Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road will remain available. Exterior maintenance and painting after 9:00am daily through July 27, 2017.
- Saratoga Springs: Congress Park Pool closed until February 2, 2017. Paddock Pool Water Play Area closed through February 24, 2017.
- Caribbean Beach Resort: Trinidad South Village Pool closed through March 16, 2017. General resort refurbishments in the Trinidad South Region through March 16. Guests may see and hear construction in progress specifically around the pirate-themed rooms after 9:00am.
- Port Orleans Riverside: Alligator Bayou North Pool from February 13 through April 7, 2017.
- All Star Movies: Fantasia Pool closed from February 6 – 10, 2017
- All Star Music: Piano Pool closed through February 3, 2017. Guests may use the Calypso Pool located near Melody Hall during this time.
- Coronado Springs: Hard Goods Refurbishment began in November 2016. Guests may see or hear construction taking place, or encounter alternative paths of travel throughout the Resort hotel. All work with the most potential for noise will be limited each day between 9:00am and 5:00pm in order to minimize any possible disruptions.
- Wilderness Lodge & Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney Wilderness Lodge: General resort refurbishments through 2017. Hidden Springs leisure pool is reopening as Boulder Ridge Cove in summer 2017. Roaring Fork and Trout Pass Pool Bar closed until summer 2017. During this time, Geyser Point Pool Bar & Grill will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Territory Lounge will also offer a continental-style breakfast featuring gourmet coffees, pastries and a yogurt parfait. Cub’s Den (Children’s Activity Center) is unavailable through 2017. The Silver Creek Springs Pool and boat transportation to Magic Kingdom will remain open.
Contact me to start planning your Walt Disney World adventure today. I’m a Travel Agent with MickeyTravels, along with a writer for Chip and Company, and would love to help book and plan your next magical vacation. Email email@example.com or visit my Facebook page here to get started!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!