Rather than just one quick tip, I wanted to offer suggestions of things you can do both prior to and during your visit to Walt Disney World so you will feel as good at the end of your visit as you did at the start.
- Begin a walking regimen at least 60 days in advance of your visit to get used to extended bouts of walking, a way of life at Walt Disney World.
- If you are planning on getting new footwear for your visit, get them when you start your walking regimen so you can break them in – super important!!
- Two or three weeks before your visit, increase your intake of water to make sure you are initially hydrated and your body becomes accustomed to the intake (cuts down on bathroom stops). While actually at Walt Disney World make it a point to stay hydrated.
- Plan rest periods each day. A dip in the pool and a short lie down will make a world of difference.
- If you are on a somewhat extended visit, plan a rest day in the middle. That means either no park visit or a short half day with the rest of the day at your resort or at something a bit more mundane like miniature golf, a movie, etc.
- Please don’t “Commando” tour – take time to look around and smell the roses.
These are just some things that we do and have found that we generally feel wonderful at the end of the visit. Have a wonderful trip!!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!