Disney Wonder heads back out to sea next week after several months of being dry-docked to make way for upgrades and refurbishment. Chief among the exciting new additions is to the Wonder is the hotly anticipated Tiana’s Place restaurant which promises to serve up Cajun and Creole dishes inspired by the much-loved Disney film The Princess and the Frog.
To the delight of Disney fans, foodies and cruisers, the Wonder has released details of the exciting new menu on offer with images appearing on disneycruiselineblog.com. As hoped, the restaurant is staying true to Princess Tiana’s vision of having a restaurant of her own in New Orleans. Here’s your sneak peek of the tantalizing Southern cooking that will be on offer.
- Boudin Sausage Fritters – minced Pork and Boudin Sausage, breaded and fried, served with a Bourbon Aioli
- Sautéed Gulf Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Sausage, Grilled Green Onions and a Smoked Barbecue Sauce
- Prince Naveen’s Cajun Charcuterie Board – cured Pork Shoulder, Duck Rillette, Duck Pastrami, Saucisson, Cajun Egg, Spiced Mustard and Pickles
- Ahi Tuna Tartare with Mango, Pine Nuts, Radish and Wasabi
Soups and Salads
- New Orleans Seafood Pepper Pot – a Creole Bouillabaisse with Calamari, Shrimp, Scallops and Flat Leaf Parsley
- Mama Odie’s Creamy Tomato Soup with chopped Cilantro
- Iceberg Wedge with Pepper Jack Cheese, bacon, Tomato, Basil and a creamy Thousand Island Dressing
- Pickled Gulf Shrimp and Satsuma Orange Salad with Confit Red Onions, Spinach Leaves and Frisée Lettuce
- Roasted Creole Half Chicken with Toasted Corn, Pecan Bread Pudding, Buttered Chard and Chicken Jus.
- Cajun Spiced Sea Bass on Shrimp Jambalaya with crisp Fennel Salad and Rémoulade
- Charlotte La Bouff’s Bucatini Pasta with Pancetta, Oyster Mushrooms, Eggplant, Spinach, Peas, Basil and shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese.
- James’s Roasted Pork Tenderloin– sliced Pork Tenderloin with White Rice and Greens on an Andouille Sausage Stew
- Big Daddy’s Roasted Prime-Rib of Beef with a double Baked Potato, Broccolini, sweet Roasted Carrots and a Red Wine Veal Sauce
- Eudora’s Artichoke Ravioli with Sauteed Spinach, Lemon Butter, Sage and Pecorino Cheese
- Honey-Roasted Butternut Squash with Celery and Bell Peppers simmered in Tomato Sauce with Greens and White Rice
- Herb Brioche with Roasted Onion Dip
Lighter Note Offerings*
- Warm Water Lobster Salad with Avocado, Butternut Squash, Fennel, Endive, Grapefruit, Jicama, Hazelnuts and a Citrus Dressing
- Grilled Grain-fed Sirloin Steak
- Slow-Roasted Breast of Chicken
- Oven-Baked Filet of Salmon
The above entrées are served with Garden Vegetables and your choice of steamed White Rice or Baked Potato.
- Tiana’s Buttermilk Beignets
dusted with Powdered Sugar and served with Chocolate Espresso Dipping Sauce
- Mama Odie’s White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
- New Orleans Bananas Foster Sundae- French Vanilla Ice Cream with Rum-flavored Caramelized Bananas and Whipped Cream
- Southern Style Pecan Nut Tart with Bourbon Caramel Sauce
No Sugar Added
- Lemon Raspberry Mousse Bombe – Citrus Lemon Mousse embedded with fresh Raspberries
Tiana’s Place replaces rotational dining restaurant Parrot’s Cay and will start seating guests for the first time beginning on the November 10th 4-night Western Caribbean Cruise from Galveston, Texas. Guests to the restaurant will also get to enjoy live jazz, blues and swing music while they dine. The decor will also give a tip of the hat to the The Princess and the Frog with Tiana’s family photos scattered around the restaurant as well as water-lily shaped candle-holders.
Thinking about a Disney Cruise? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect stateroom to organizing port adventures and on-board activities. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801..4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.