This article comes from Sarah Tully at the OC Register.
Earlier this month, Disney shut down Pizza Oom Mow Mow restaurant, the S.S. Rustworthy play area and the Maliboomer ride to clear space for new restaurants and a dining area, said Michele Himmelberg, a Disneyland Resort spokeswoman. Previously, the Burger Invasion restaurant closed nearby.
Crews recently erected construction walls around the venues on the west side of the theme park to begin construction.
The 800-seat dining area is part of a $1-billion renovation project at Disney California Adventure, which is transforming the Paradise Pier area into a 1920s beach-side play land reminiscent of when Walt Disney arrived in California.
When it opens next year, the area will include:
- Paradise Garden Grill, in the former space of Burger Invasion.
- Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, where Pizza Oom Mow Mow used to be.
- A park area is slated to go where the Maliboomer ride sits. See a previous story about the Maliboomer closure.
- Corn Dog Castle, which closed last year, will re-open in the same spot.
- Seaside Souvenirs, next to the Corn Dog Castle.
Previous reports said that a beer garden would be part of the new dining area, but Disney only revealed information about the restaurants. “We don’t have anything to announce at this time,” Disney officials said in a prepared statement.
The construction of the dining area comes at the same time that other Disney California Adventure food stands closed.
Click here to keep reading.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021