Disney Vacation Club (DVC) recently sent its members an email regarding operational updates.
As a result of this unprecedented pandemic and in line with direction provided by health experts and government officials, Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed until further notice. This closure affects all Disney Vacation Club properties, including Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa.
All reservations scheduled for arrival during the closure time will be automatically cancelled by Disney Vacation Club on a week-by-week basis. Members do not need to cancel their reservations. Disney Vacation Club has also established a temporary cancellation policy to supplement its existing cancellation rules. Details include:
- Vacation Points returned due to a cancellation of a resort reservation will not be placed in a holding account and will be returned to the current Use Year. This applies to all reservations checking in within the next 30 days.
- When a reservation involving Borrowed Points is canceled, the Borrowed Points will be returned to the Use Year they were borrowed from. This applies to all reservations regardless of arrival date. Please allow up to 15 business days for this process to be completed.
The following existing cancellation rules continue to apply:
- Reservation Points returned due to a cancellation of a Disney Collection Resort reservation will be returned as Reservation Points to the current Use Year.
- Reservations made with points Banked from the previous Use Year will be returned as Banked Points to the current Use Year.
One-time use Points will be returned to the current Use Year as one-time use Points.
Some members may also have questions regarding Points that are set to expire soon. DVC is evaluating the banking and expiration policy and the use of certain Points impacted by the closures. Once Disney has a better understanding of how long COVID-19 will impact operations, they’ll be able to make a decision regarding those Points.
You can see the full email below:
For more Disney News follow us on Instagram @chipandco on Twitter @chipandcompany and on Facebook or Watch our latest Youtube Videos here.
- Disney World to present reopening plans to Orange County Wednesday - May 26, 2020
- Tokyo Disneyland’s Shopping District to Reopen on June 1st - May 26, 2020
- Disneyland can Reopen Under Phase 3 Guidelines as Early as June - May 26, 2020