Are you getting ready to leave for your Disney vacation? If you are like most people, you have spent months planning your trip, trying to learn as much as you could about the parks and resorts. You may also be trying to save money too, as Disney can end up being very expensive if you are not careful in your planning. With this in mind, in the few days before you get ready to go, there are several things that you can and should do in order to make sure that you have a smooth, and affordable, Disney vacation.
Here are five important ones:
- Check the weather forecast before you leave and make sure you pack for the weather. Believe it or not, Florida can get cold in the winter, rain is always a possibility, and tropical storms/hurricanes don’t necessarily avoid Disney World. Not packing appropriately may mean you will be buying those ponchos, scarves, hats and gloves at the parks, which will definitely put a dent in your wallet.
- Go to the Disney World website and check the park hours. If you are staying on Disney property, you may want to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours. Make sure you know when they are to make the most of your time while at Disney World.
- You will also want to check which rides/attractions will be closed during your visit. Everyone in your family, especially kids, should be prepared ahead of time if a favorite attraction won’t be open. Plus, you won’t want to waste time walking over to rides that are closed!
- Do you have a packing list? This is a great way to make sure that your costs stay as low as possible, because it will help insure that you don’t forget anything! You can be sure that you can buy whatever you forget at Disney….for a lot more money than you would have paid at home.
- Lastly, if you have young children and a stroller is part of your park plans, consider bringing one from home. Or if you don’t want to do that, consider renting one from a stroller company in the Disney area. Both options will cost you a lot less than getting one at the parks.
After months of planning, you will want to make sure that your Disney vacation is the best it can be. Taking a little time as you get ready to leave, to do these things, can help you save money on your trip and make the most of your vacation time as well.