WHAT: Disney Store took over the Big Apple celebrating the Grand Opening of its premier Times Square location.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Walt Disney Co. President and CEO, Bob Iger welcomed a crowd of thousands, proudly wearing Mickey ears, as Disney Store Times Square opened its doors in grand fashion. Fans watched in awe as a magical parade of Disney’s most beloved characters arrived in classic cars, horse-driven carriages, and along trails of pixie dust, before Disney’s Family.com sweepstakes winner, 9-year-old Aden Schwartz from Boston, Massachusetts took to the stage to “unlock magic”- turning the oversized key to officially mark the opening of the largest Disney Store in North America under a canopy of glittering fireworks.
WHO: Video includes interviews with celebrities such as Melissa Joan Hart of ABC Family’s “Melissa & Joey;” Anika Noni Rose, voice of Princess Tiana from Disney’s “The Princess and the Frog;” ESPN’s Jesse Palmer, award winning actress Brooke Shields; and recording artist and actress Jordin Sparks.
WHERE: You can find this video at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, the official YouTube channel from Disney Consumer Products.
- Photos: Disney Store New York Grand Opening – November 9, 2010 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Takes Over Times Square with a Star-Studded Parade Celebrating New Disney Store (chipandco.com)
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!
- List of Holiday Kitchens at the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Holiday Kitchen, Cookie Stroll, and more returning to EPCOT Festival of the Holidays - October 15, 2021
- Celebrity Narrators Return to Epcot’s Candlelight Processional - October 15, 2021