More than 300 local students are discovering ways to make reading more fun by taking part in Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer’s Book Club. The club is helping increase leisure reading among 5th through 8th grade students both online and through weekly programs at the Walt Disney World Clubhouse branch of Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida and at various branches of the Orange County Public Library System.
Walt Disney World Resort gave $15,000 to sponsor the book club, which kicked off earlier this year. The program is one of five efforts underway as part of the Orlando Cares-Cities of Service Initiative that aims to engage Orlando residents in volunteer efforts to improve youth literacy.
- Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels Offer Lowest Rates of the Year to Hospitality Workers (chipandco.com)
- Ask a Disney Question: Shipping Packages Home (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Annual Passholders have a few days left to cancel - August 9, 2020
- Tom Hanks In Talks to Play Geppetto in Disney’s Live Action Pinocchio - August 5, 2020
- Plan Disney Panel replaces the Disney Parks Moms Panel - August 5, 2020