The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has announced that 10 animated short films will advance in the voting process for the 86th Academy Awards. Fifty-six pictures had originally qualified in the category.
The 10 films are listed below in alphabetical order by title, with their production companies:
- Feral, Daniel Sousa, director, and Dan Golden, music and sound design (Daniel Sousa)
- Get a Horse! Lauren MacMullan, director, and Dorothy McKim, producer (Walt Disney Feature Animation)
- Gloria Victoria, Theodore Ushev, director (National Film Board of Canada)
- Hollow Land, Uri Kranot and Michelle Kranot, directors (Dansk Tegnefilm, Les Films de l’Arlequin and the National Film Board of Canada)
- The Missing Scarf, Eoin Duffy, director, and Jamie Hogan, producer (Belly Creative Inc.)
- Mr. Hublot, Laurent Witz, director, and Alexandre Espigares, co-director (Zeilt Productions) Possessions, Shuhei Morita, director (Sunrise Inc.)
- Requiem for Romance, Jonathan Ng, director (Kungfu Romance Productions Inc.)
- Room on the Broom, Max Lang and Jan Lachauer, directors (Magic Light Pictures)
- Subconscious Password, Chris Landreth, director (National Film Board of Canada with the participation of Seneca College Animation Arts Centre and Copperheart Entertainment).
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select three to five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, New York and San Francisco in December.
The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 16, 2014, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2013 will be presented on Oscar Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust