If you are anything like me the answer is a resounding NO! In fact I don’t need any more credit cards! That doesn’t stop every credit card company on earth from sending me a pre-approved credit application once a week. Even Disney Rewards Visa was relentless. The photo of Mickey on the card, designed to draw any Disney Addict in. Oh wait, I can choose from multiple designs? I can even pick a Tinkerbell card! Nope, don’t need it. They can’t make me, I’ve paid off all my cards. I will not repeat the mistakes of my early 20’s.
I remained firm for a year. Shredding every application that came. Mickey’s smiling face cut into a thousand pieces. UNTIL…What? A $50 Disney gift card if I sign up? How did they know I had a trip planned in 3 months? That will come in handy for sure. I will use it towards my trip. That did it, I was done. Magic words…Disney Gift Card. Now I had to open the envelope and see what was involved. Within a few minutes I had my card design picked out (Where Dreams Come True) and the card was on its way. My husband won’t care, at least it’s not the Tink card. I’ll get rid of the Gymboree card, that’s the plan.
Why did I give in? The Disney Rewards Visa has great perks and no annual fee. Here’s the scoop:
- $50 Gift Card – Earn a $50 Disney gift card when you first use your credit card upon account approval. Consider it you’re welcome gift, available exclusively with the Disney Rewards Visa Card.
- 0% Introductory APR – Pay no interest with a special 0% Introductory APR that lasts 6 months on select Disney vacation packages. A variable APR of 14.24% will apply thereafter.
- Earn Rewards Everyday – Earn rewards on your everyday purchases by receiving 1%. You can redeem toward Disney goodies such as DVDs and toys. Or, you can embark on your Disney trip, and enjoy redeeming for Theme Park tickets, resort stays and much more.
- Save on merchandise – With the Disney Rewards Visa Card, you can enjoy additional savings with a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at Disney Store locations or at the Disney Store online.
- More Card Perks – Say hello to Mickey Mouse with Disney Theme Park Character Meet ‘N’ Greet at a private card member location. You can also select from 8 fun card designs to personalize your Disney Rewards Visa® Card, plus enjoy no annual fee.
How did we use our card?
- First I made a initial purchase in order to receive the Disney Gift Card.
- I then credited the money toward my balance due on my upcoming trip. You could always save for some guilt free shopping at home or at the parks.
- I used my Disney Visa to pay for the trip. Please note, I paid off the card at the first statement to avoid interest.
- Then as my trip neared I applied online for my Rewards Gift Card. Which I turned around and spent on souvenirs at Disney World.
MickeyMom Disclaimer: I don’t work for Visa. I don’t get anything if I’ve convinced you to get a Disney Visa. Just because the voice in my head told me to get one, it doesn’t mean you should. If you are in financial trouble, do not get another credit card. Do not buy a ton of stuff just to get Disney Dollars. Do not blame me if you overspend. Blame Disney Merchandising.
P.S. – Chase also offers a Disney’s Premier Visa Card which gives you 2% in reward dollars on card purchases, and a $100 Disney Gift Card! Click here to learn more!
- Use a Disney Visa Rewards Card to save for your next Disney Vacation (chipandco.com)
- Disney Confidential – Disney Ticket Prices Going Up (chipandco.com)
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.