The Force is growing stronger at Walt Disney World Resort with the addition of new Star Wars-inspired entertainment arriving in December at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. I don’t know about you, but I cannot WAIT to see all of the changes that will be happening and I’m so excited for everything Star Wars!
The Star Wars themed entertainment will include new experiences as well as reimagined elements of popular Star Wars attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, starting Dec. 1 – just ahead of the Dec.18 movie premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. These new experiences involve the creation of Star Wars Launch Bay, a central locale for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars; Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, a cinematic overview of the Star Wars saga; and cool, new enhancements for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue and Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.
Additional Star Wars elements enter the galaxy at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting Jan. 5, 2016, such as First Order stormtroopers patrolling the park, Star Wars-inspired food and beverage offerings, plus a fireworks show called the “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular.’’
These new experiences celebrate the Star Wars saga at Walt Disney World Resort like never before, allowing guests, as well as Star Wars fans, the opportunity to transport themselves every day to a galaxy far, far away:
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located in Animation Courtyard, Star Wars Launch Bay will be a primary location within the park for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars. In this multi-sensory space with an outdoor queue area lined with special concept artwork, guests can interact with beloved Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring treasured memorabilia and replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and play the latest Star Wars interactive video games, plus have access to special Star Wars merchandise.
- Special Character Encounters: After entering a themed atrium complete with replicas of Star Wars props, guests can journey to the dark side and encounter Star Wars characters such as Darth Vader in a 360-degree immersive area themed around the Star Destroyer, or they may choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with Star Wars characters such as the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.
- Launch Bay Theater – Guests hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key movie crew members who bring the saga to life.
- The Cantina – This setting, inspired by the unsavory “hives of scum and villainy” in the Star Wars galaxy, is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess table. Holochess is a game seen in Star Wars
- Star Wars Game Center – Guests can play current and upcoming video games, including new Disney Infinity 3.0 content created exclusively for this location.
- Themed Galleries – Special immersive galleries will be located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Celebration Gallery will feature iconic ships from throughout the Star Wars saga, such as memorable ones of the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Navy fleet.
- Celebration Hallway will display large-scale replicas of Star Wars props amid scenic murals.
- Preview Gallery will offer guests exclusive looks at replicas of props, artifacts and memorabilia from the latest movie in the saga, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Among the items that will be on display are costumes, ship models, droids and artwork.
- Launch Bay Cargo – A unique shopping area where guests may bring home a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Here is a little more info on what to expect at the rest of Hollywood Studios:
Star Wars: Path of The Jedi
Guests looking to relive the stories from the Star Wars saga or be introduced to the iconic characters, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, can watch an abridged, cinematic reel celebrating the Star Wars saga (episodes I-VII) in a theater setting near Echo Lake.
Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Fans of this popular attraction will experience journeys involving new characters and adventures from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Based on the Star Wars films, Star Tours takes guests to multiple Star Wars destinations where they interact with characters from throughout the saga. With an eye-popping digital presentation leveraging Dolby 3D to deliver a vivid and realistic experience, a dramatic musical score and motion simulator-based technology, guests are immersed in the Star Wars galaxy like never before on a theme park attraction.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
This popular entertainment offering is being reimagined with new characters and a new villain to battle from Star Wars Rebels. Younglings will be guided to the site of a secret and ancient Jedi temple where they will face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series Star Wars Rebels, and discover if they have the makings of a true Jedi.
As guests enjoy the sights and attractions of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, they may come face to face with First Order Stormtroopers who will patrol various areas of the park, interacting with guests during their mission to find members of the Resistance.
“Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular’’
Starting Jan. 5, 2016, guests will be treated to a spectacular finish to their visit to the park involving a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga.
Guests can experience Star Wars through their palates. Various novelty items and specialty foods inspired by a galaxy far, far away, such as Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream cupcake and a Han Solo Souvenir Kid’s Meal served in a Han Solo-themed bucket, will be available at various locations inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Guests will soon be able to purchase admission to a dessert party during the fireworks show featuring themed desserts, specialty drinks and a souvenir Chewbacca stein.
The new Star Wars entertainment coming to Walt Disney World Resort along with new Star Wars elements that recently debuted at Disneyland Resort, further expand the Star Wars presence at both resorts ahead of the new Star Wars-themed lands coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.
There are so many new and exciting things coming to the Walt Disney World Resort in the next year or so. Make sure you don’t miss anything that’s coming. And if you’re planning a trip in the next year or two to see all of these exciting changes, let me help you! I am a Travel Magician with World of Magic Travel, the preferred agency of Chip and Co and the Disney Addicts! Email me today at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your “Magical” vacation! –Alissa
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Also As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.