Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) invites families and fans to experience The Wonderful Words of Disney. Guests have the opportunity to attend exclusive sessions with renowned children’s authors, listen to timeless stories read live, and explore the ultimate Disney fan’s dream library at the ultimate Disney fan event, D23 Expo, taking place at Anaheim Convention Center from August 19–21, 2011.
Guests will be able to immerse themselves in The Wonderful Words of Disney (booth #702), where classic tales and new adventures come to life. With beanbag chairs, great reads, and kiosks featuring loaded tablets and smartphones, fans can peruse Disney’s vast library of books featuring beloved characters from Mickey Mouse to Buzz Lightyear—and series including Percy Jackson & the Olympians and The Kingdom Keepers. Disney Publishing Worldwide’s latest books and magazines—including the brand-new It’s a Small World publishing program, Phineas and Ferb magazines, the Captain America special interest publication, learning products including School Skills workbooks, and the recently launched Cars 2 Read and Race app—will be on hand for guests to read and enjoy.
On Friday, August 19, in the Disney Channel booth, fans of all ages are invited to join Pulitzer Prize-winning humor columnist Dave Barry and noted New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson, co-authors of the Peter and the Starcatchers series of prequels to Peter Pan, along with beloved Jake and the Never Land Pirates characters Jake, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee, for a celebration of the power of imagination and the magic of Disney storytelling. This event also includes an appearance by actor David Arquette (the voice of Skully in the hit Disney Junior series Jake and the Never Land Pirates) and a special announcement from The Walt Disney Company Corporate Citizenship team.
In addition, storytellers will read Disney favorites on Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. in the Disney Publishing booth, including the Winnie the Pooh and Cars 2 Read-Along digital books, The Ballad of Nessie by Kieran Lachlan, and The Little Golden Book Tangled.
Exclusive giveaways include a high-quality print in honor of the late Disney artist Mary Blair, a chance to win two parks passes through the Disney English referral program, and a special card to download a “Build-a-Roller-coaster” app.
Additional highlights of DPW’s lineup at D23 Expo 2011 include:
- Don Hahn Reveals “Why We Create” (August 19, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.) – In a fascinating discussion, filmmaker, Academy Award-nominated producer, and author Don Hahn reveals insights into the creative process using classic Disney images, world-renowned art, advertisements, and music to share his inspirations and knowledge.
- Behind the Page with Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (August 20, 9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.) – These highly entertaining best-selling authors will discuss the blockbuster series Peter & The Starcatchers, with focus on the new book, The Bridge to Never Land.
- Ridley Pearson Presents Kingdom Keepers (August 19, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) – In this presentation, Ridley will discuss the series and reveal his behind-the-scenes experiences at the Disney Parks while researching the New York Times best-selling books.
- It’s a Small World Story Time and Pen Pal Program (August 19, 11:30 a.m. & 2:30 p.m.) – Listen to a live reading from the It’s a Small World picture book and the Hello World! book, followed by a very special opportunity to become pen pals with a Disney English student based in China.
Tickets to the D23 Expo are available at http://www.D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo, including the Disney Legends Ceremony, and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities. Admission is $47 for a one-day adult ticket and $37 for children 3–12. Three-day passes are $136 for adults and $106 for children. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will receive a discount for up to four admissions, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 Expo for themselves and their guests.
- Disney Storytelling Event at the D23 Expo will Include a Special Announcement (chipandco.com)
- Disney Stars To Meet Fans Every Day At Disney’s D23 Expo – Full Schedule (chipandco.com)