Kids around the world look up to Disney princesses because they embody strength, courage, and kindness. But these traits are displayed in young women across the globe that give little girls real life examples of lives that they can aspire to attain. The #DreamBigPrincess global photography campaign kicks off today. It celebrates inspiring stories from around the world to encourage kids everywhere to dream big.
The photo campaign is about harnessing the power of positive imagery to spotlight incredible global role models and encourage kids to dream big, while helping a good cause. Disney has collaborated with 19 female photographers from around the world, each creating photos of subjects that inspire them and bring the Dream Big, Princess message to life. These women shot a range of inspiring real life role models, such as the youngest-ever speaker at the UN, a gold-medal-winning Chinese Paralympian, the leader of Afghanistan’s first female cycling team, and more, as well as kids at play in different places around the world. All photos can be viewed here.
Photos will be shared on social media to help raise funds for The United Nations Foundation’s Girl Up Campaign, which supports adolescent girls’ leadership and empowerment. From August 15-October 11, 2017, Disney Worldwide Services will donate US $1 for any public post of a photo using #DreamBigPrincess or like of such a post on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, for a minimum donation of US $500,000 and a maximum of US $1 million.
More About #DreamBigPrincess
- Everyone has a favorite Disney Princess, and that’s why last year Disney launched the Dream Big Princess campaign, which used the power of Princess stories to encourage kids to follow their dreams. But it’s not just Belle and Elsa that have inspiring stories, and that’s why Disney is kicking off this new global photography campaign that’s all about using real world stories to inspire kids.
- Disney challenged a group of 19 female photographers from 15 countries around the world to capture real-life young women and girls who’ve dreamt big.
- All the images will be shared online to help support the UN Foundation’s Girl Up program that promotes leadership and empowerment for girls.
- Photographers: #DreamBigPrincess brings together 19 photographers with real-life inspirational stories and a passion for storytelling. Photographers include:
- Annie Griffiths (USA) – One of the first-ever female staff photographers at National Geographic whose work has appeared in LIFE, Smithsonian, Fortune, and more
- Kate Parker (USA) – Professional photographer whose “Strong Is the New Pretty” photo series received global acclaim and recognition
- Paula Bronstein (USA) – Award-winning photojournalist who photographed 23-year old Zakia, the leader of her own local women’s cycling team in Afghanistan
- Ami Vitale (Kenya) – National Geographic photographer who has traveled more than 90 countries and photographed elephant keepers at the Reteti Elephant Sanctuary in Kenya
- Lulu Liao (China) – A photographer and designer in Beijing, Lulu’s work, with a focus on documentary and travel photography, can be found in publications around the world
- Margarita Kareva (Russia) – One of Russia’s most recognized fantasy photographers, widely known for her unique, fairytale-style of photography
- Ashima Narain (India) – A portrait, fashion and documentary photographer, Ashima is a former National Geographic India Editor, and current member of NatGeo Creative.
Will you consider Liking this Facebook post and sharing it with your friends to help financially support The United Nations Foundation’s Girl Up Campaign? Or even sharing your own Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter photo post using #DreamBigPrincess?
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you plan your next Disney Vacation! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch! Remember their services are 100% Free!