We have some great news to share with you today! Over the past few months Walt Disney World and Disneyland has been closing many Rides and Attractions to make way for Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land. Here are some of the closures that are already gone or are on their way out:
- Fairy Godmother Meet & Greet
- Hollywood Studios Closures
- Job cuts at Hollywood Studios
- Two Character Meet-and-Greets Closing at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Three Character Meet and Greets Closing at Epcot
- and many more.
While nobody likes to see things change at the parks it does remain necessary if we want to see the new and exciting things Disney has in store for us with the new expansions.
Just a few months ago Disney raised ticket prices as they typically do each year. This year they went with a tiered ticketing increase so that when the parks got busier the price of the ticket went up. This has not been popular with guests which has caused them to restructure how they do park tickets yet again.
Starting today Disney is going to lower ticket prices back down to a flat $99 for all theme parks and offer Magic Extras that you can add to your ticket depending on what you and your family would like to do at the Disney World and Disneyland theme parks.
The new Magic Extras will be broke down into 3 tiers, families can select any or all of the tiers and pay the additional up charge that goes with the specific Magic Extras they would like. Here is a break down of the new tiered Magical Extras:
Tier 1 – Rides, Attractions, Character Meet & Greets
- This $99 Magic Extra will allow you to ride all of the rides at the theme park you are visiting that day. You will still have to wait in the standby line as Fastpasses are only available in the Premium add-on (see below). This is a great option for people who love to ride rides and would like to meet their favorite Disney Characters (when available).
Tier 2 – Restaurants, Parade Viewing, Play Areas
- This $59 Magic Extra will allow you and your family the opportunity to dine at some of Disney’s World Class fine dining Quick Service and Table Service Restaurants. You will still have to pay for your meal as the Disney Dining Plan is only available in the Premium add-on. With this Magic Extra you also have access to the Disney Parades, scaled back nighttime shows, and fun play areas like the closing Honey I Shrunk the Kids movie set!
Tier 3 – Restrooms, Shopping, Park Seating
- This $39 Magic Extra is a much-needed add-on for you and your family if you intend on using the restroom while you are at the Disney Theme parks! Which we highly recommend! With this Tier 3 add-on you can also enjoy many of the different theme park shops where Disney will gladly take your money. Also not to be missed with this Tier 3 Magic Extra is the Park Seating! Give you legs a rest after walking all day and enjoy some of the many benches and ground seating locations where people can stand directly in front of you spoiling your view. So magical!
If you are having a hard time choosing which new Magical Extra you would like to add to your discounted base ticket you can purchase the Premium Super Deluxe Magical Pixie Dust Add on! For a mere $299 you can have all 3 Magic Extras added to your park ticket along with 3 Fastpasses (per family per day), option to buy the Disney Dining Plan, and this special Disney balloon that you get to inflate yourself!
You will start seeing the new ticket prices show up today in all theme parks. There will be Cast Members available to help you starting at the Premium Parking Lots all the way to the ticket booths. Over the next few months the old tickets will be phased out in favor of the new cheaper pricing structure.
We want to hear what you think of the new discounted Disney Park tickets. Is this a great value for you and your family? Let us know in the comment box below.
- NEW Pina Colada Cheesecake at Amorette’s Patisserie - June 19, 2021
- Haunted Mansion Stretching Room is back in operation! - June 19, 2021
- Living with the Land Dividers have been removed! - June 18, 2021